Thread: It figures...

It figures...

Global Warming Computer Spews Tons of CO2

As there is zero evidence that human carbon dioxide emissions have any effect on climate, authoritarian leftists using the global warming hoax as a Trojan horse for totalitarianism have resorted to computer models to prove whatever their ideology requires them to prove regarding the climate of the future. It's a good thing the whole crisis is a complete farce; otherwise, they would be making it worse:
    The Met Office has caused a storm of controversy after it was revealed their £30million supercomputer designed to predict climate change is one of Britain's worst polluters. …
    It is capable of 1,000 billion calculations every second to feed data to 400 scientists and uses 1.2 megawatts of energy to run - enough to power more than 1,000 homes.
    The machine was hailed as the 'future of weather prediction' with the ability to produce more accurate forecasts and produce climate change modelling.
    However the Met Office's HQ has now been named as one of the worst buildings in Britain for pollution - responsible for more than 12,000 tonnes of carbon dioxide a year.
    It says 75 per cent of its carbon footprint is produced by the super computer meaning the machine is officially one of the country's least green machines.

The carbon-spewing energy hog does not even predict the weather accurately.
    It is the second time the Met Office has been criticised this year - after the machine famously helped predict a "BBQ summer" which turned out to be another wash-out.

Apparently the "garbage in, garbage out" axiom applies to computer models no matter how many calculations are done per second.

Here's an idea that would spare the polar bears from all that harmless carbon and taxpayers from massive waste: why not hire a psychic to do climate change predictions with a ouija board?

Courtesy of moombattery.com
    Thank God we're not getting all of the government we're paying for!

Aah! Would you though pass the CO² test?
    During deep sleep IT came to me and the future of processing is clear.
    Future processors will primarily be digital tuning radios acting as grid computing nodes.
    Voila. See ya in hell.
    PROCESSING

Quote Originally Posted by herosrest View Post
    Aah! Would you though pass the CO² test?
    I couldn't care less if I passed your nonsensical test, that wasn't the point of my post. The point of my post is to show what moonbats the environmentalists are, violating all the dicta by which they crucify others - and you know it. All the straw men in the world don't change that.

Nice try, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Lgbpop View Post
    I couldn't care less if I passed your nonsensical test, that wasn't the point of my post. The point of my post is to show what moonbats the environmentalists are, violating all the dicta by which they crucify others - and you know it. All the straw men in the world don't change that.

Nice try, though.
    The moonbats, as you quaintly put it are all sitting in high rise office blocks working out a thousand news ways to poison everyone, sell weapons that will kill all those who don't die quickly from the poison, and run around acting like gods who answer to no-one - and this is just in UK. God help us all if your lot take up the challenge and join in.
    During deep sleep IT came to me and the future of processing is clear.
    Future processors will primarily be digital tuning radios acting as grid computing nodes.
    Voila. See ya in hell.
    PROCESSING

Quote Originally Posted by herosrest View Post
    The moonbats, as you quaintly put it are all sitting in high rise office blocks working out a thousand news ways to poison everyone, sell weapons that will kill all those who don't die quickly from the poison, and run around acting like gods who answer to no-one - and this is just in UK. God help us all if your lot take up the challenge and join in.
    You sound like a conservative for once.