Thread: Two-way sync on multi-OS cloud platform?

Two-way sync on multi-OS cloud platform?

Hi everybody!

I am looking for a cloud platform that will sync my PDF library on my Android phone and Win10 laptop and tablet.

For instance, if I download or create a new PDF on my phone and save it on the SD Card, I'd like it to go to the cloud and then be automatically inserted into the libraries on my laptop and MS Surface Go SD Card.

The plan is to subscribe to the service. Most have a 1 or 2 TB service for $10/month, which is perfectly OK. I have Dropbox, Mediafire, Google Drive and OneDrive with different small shared items on each. The only one I pay for is Mediafire. But, I'm looking to commit to one for my files. Research has given me some good leads, but none really talks about two-way synchronization.

Thank you for any help.
    Dave

A little more data...
    I want off-board backup of my library and have a ton of files. Often, I will find a document or paper I want to add to the library on my phone and then the next day I'll find something on my laptop. This makes my libraries different on each system. This is complicated by my file structure because there are a lot of subjects in my library separated by folders based on topics. Often, I cannot remember if a file resides on my laptop, phone or tablet. If the cloud automatically syncs everything, then I have copies on every device plus a backup on the cloud if I drop my bag in water and destroy all my devices (or theft or some other odd issue). I thought of setting up my own cloud with a Linux web server in my house, but my ISP makes it nearly impossible to host from home.

Why wear out all of your devices, and yourself, trying to keep everything synced? Simply store everything in the cloud, (synced between a couple separate locations of course as a backup).

Quote Originally Posted by SpywareDr View Post
    Why wear out all of your devices, and yourself, trying to keep everything synced? Simply store everything in the cloud, (synced between a couple separate locations of course as a backup).
    I fly a lot and work in buildings with no WIFI and limited cell coverage. Plus, I value the files (want to have multiple sources of backups...not just one cloud) and access random items based on various needs in research. I'm quite surprised this option has been such a tough one to find answers to. OneNote does this very well, and there are so many apps working to integrate multiple devices into shared experiences (share tabs between laptop and phone, etc).

Hopefully 5G will help alleviate some of your problems come next year.