Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Need advice on wifi extender

Quote Originally Posted by SpywareDr View Post
    Right? Maybe they thought you wouldn't notice?
    Perhaps any other person wouldn't notice but as a tech, I did notice. And being a Newegg customer for almost 20 years, I thought I would get more respect them. From their actions the last two times, it seems to me, they don't care that much for their customers.

Got my credit back in PayPal. And turned around and spent it on lens I've been wanting.

Like I don't have enough lenses:

My arsenal for sale later on by photolady1995, on Flickr

Awesome! x 3. One for getting your credit back, two for getting yet another lens you've been wanting and three all of those lenses. <drool>

Awesome! x 3. One for getting your credit back, two for getting yet another lens you've been wanting and three all of those lenses. <drool>
    That's just the ones I'm going to sell, not the ones I'm keeping. I bought one not long ago, back in October that I really wanted only to find out it had a plastic mount. and my software won't read the EXIF on it. So when I upload a photo to flickr, it doesn't show the which lens I used because it was manufactured after my software creation date.
    So, I bought this lens as it was manufactured before my software was created. And it has a metal mount.

Now I have another problem. Fedex just dropped off a package from Newegg. Guess what I think is in that box? I don't know because I'm not opening it.

Quote Originally Posted by photolady95 View Post

That's just the ones I'm going to sell, not the ones I'm keeping. I bought one not long ago, back in October that I really wanted only to find out it had a plastic mount. and my software won't read the EXIF on it. So when I upload a photo to flickr, it doesn't show the which lens I used because it was manufactured after my software creation date.
    So, I bought this lens as it was manufactured before my software was created. And it has a metal mount.
    Ah ha, makes sense.

Now I have another problem. Fedex just dropped off a package from Newegg. Guess what I think is in that box? I don't know because I'm not opening it.
    OMG, no way!? Yet another Newegg phone call? When you do get a real person on the phone, tell them to just send someone over and shoot you so that you never, ever have to call them again.

OMG, no way!? Yet another Newegg phone call? When you do get a real person on the phone, tell them to just send someone over and shoot you so that you never, ever have to call them again.
    I think that's the simplest idea, Doc. Except I like living. I can't win for losing with this company.

Yeah, yeah, I know. And I'm sure they would too. I hope anyway.

Brother says I should go ahead and use it. They can't prove I got it. I didn't take it from the driver, my nephew did.

And he lies so much no one would believe him anyway. LOL

Hmmm... I don't think I'd do that. I'd call them and try to get it straightened out.

I'm not going to use it. I'm going to try to use the extender I bought and wait until i hear from PayPal, which they said wouldn't be until the 21st. Then I'll either return it to Newegg for a full refund or end up paying PayPal for it whichever they say I need to do. I'll stick in the closet til then.

I don't want to ruin my credit with PayPal on the say so of my brother. I'm not a dishonest person.

I was only kidding about what I wrote above, that's why there was a big grin at the end.
    Last edited by photolady95; 12-12-2018 at 07:08 PM.

And as of this afternoon, computer back together. Waiting til tomorrow to give washed keyboard time to dry more.

On a side note. our heater's thermostat went wacky this afternoon, raised the temps to 81 degrees in the house and wouldn't shut off. Brother called heating guys who installed it. They came out and they were a father and son team, owners, father saw me working on the computer and said, "that looks like a pretty cool computer you're building there." I said yep, do this about every two years, for the last 20 years. He acted impressed. Chalk one up for a 68 year old lady, eh? LOL

I was only kidding about what I wrote above, that's why there was a big grin at the end.
    Cool.

And as of this afternoon, computer back together. Waiting til tomorrow to give washed keyboard time to dry more.
    Good idea.

... father saw me working on the computer and said, "that looks like a pretty cool computer you're building there." I said yep, do this about every two years, for the last 20 years. He acted impressed. Chalk one up for a 68 year old lady, eh? LOL
    You got that one right! I don't believe I've ever seen a grandma working on the inside of a PC.

And up and running and I didn't need the extender or the router. I was going to run the router to get wifi to the desktop, but after I reinstalled Windows on brother's computer and he wifi'd his printers, for some reason he messed that up the first time is why he couldn't get his brother printer to install wifi. My guess is it was picking up the HP wifi too.
    But after the reinstall, and the app on my phone wasn't picking up his HP anymore, means i was able to pick up his wifi from here in the living room. Awesome!!! I'm happy as a clam at high tide. Can you tell?