Thread: ThermalTake Dragon Orb

ThermalTake Dragon Orb

is this fan/heatsink any good? Would I be better off buying something else? Any suggestions? BTW its for a Pentium 4 1.8A.

i dont think an Orb is suited for the p4. it only go's on AMD mother boards.

Orb makes fans for both pentium and amd,I've purchased both cause they looked kool.The test reports I read when they were first advertised had good things to say from the testing labs.If the shoe(Heat sink) fits wear it.

I was looking into a Dragon orb with my latest build, but they were out of them so I ordered the Thermaltake Volcano 7 through the same people (www.coolerstar.com). I did some research and come to find out that the Volcano 7 pushes more CFM (53) than the Dragon orb (39). The orb spins at 7000 rpm with more noise than the volcano at 5000 rpm. The best part...... the volcano 7 has a temp control in it. It starts off at around 3000 rpm and when it gets hot it speeds the fan up, providing more air. There is a way to hotwire it to push at 5000 at all times, but it keeps mine at a pleasant temp at 3200 rpm while playing high end games.
    Just a thought.......

I was always told that the orbs weren't good for the T-birds...
    Have a nice day