Thread: I can't record my LP's

I can't record my LP's

Have you tried connecting the .......... to the ...........

Or you could always make sure that you ...........

IS THIS A SERIOUS POST?

LP? LP?? what on earth is that?
    "I am the master of past and present, and for me the gates will open..."

LP short for Long Play= anchient diskos shaped plastic obiects used to mechanicaly store music. They were played on contraptions called "phonograph".
    But, that was waaaay before the CD was invented.

Dmotrup.
    Oops, thre real post is the next one. This got posted by mistake right after I was done with the title.
    Thanks to "muchmark" I got the answer. It seems that I was trying the wrong software. MusikMatch Jukebox will record only from CD (as an ouside source). Of course if anybody can show me otherwise I'll apreciate it.
    John

I personally don't think I like MusicMatch Jukebox, to be quite honest with you. I was trying RealOne and all it did was try to take over. At this point, it keeps trying to make itself the default player, but RealOne won't let it, which makes it even harder, because I can't find the executable for MusicMatch and if the default would change, I could at least find the executable to delete it.

What do U want to do with the records. Do u wanna copy to the hd or put it on cd .
    The sound quality never gonna be right unless do some editing.
    There is good soFtwarez out ther to do it (sound forge) Try that !!
    if you cant find it out there you can buy older version (only 16 bit)
    but its brobabli enough for you. (sound forge 4.5)
    If u spend extra 30 second with every songs you can make a big difference in quality.

Buy Roxio Easy CD Creator 5 Platium. It can record LPs onto CDs or you computer. Visit their site (www.roxio.com) for a complete brief about their product. Plus, the software is not that expensive (about $80) and is well-worth the price.

Plus, I do recommend people using MusicMatch Jukebox. I used Real Jukebox and MusicMatch is 10 times better than that. Plus, I tried to download RealOne, but Real wanted too much information, and I only wanted to update my media player, not get a media jukebox and other stuff I wasn't going to use.

Recording LPs is a real trick. Even the best of our collections will have numerous pops and scratches like you wouldn't believe. Use Kaazaa or Morpheus (when it's again available) to download the music if possible. It'll be much simpler.

But in case you can't, you can go here: http://www.audiotools.co.uk/allinone.htm and find a free line ripper.

But there is something about the way LPs are made that will reduce the bass if you try to rip them directly to your computer without some sort of bass compensation. Recording them to audio cassette and then to your computer seems to improve the bass.

RayH, you bring up a good point, and it reminds me of something I've been wondering for a little while now:

Does anyone know of a graphic equalizer for the PC? More than just a bass and treble 'potentiometer', it would have at least ten bands and allow for better recording of MP3s and especially external signals. I don't mean hardware, though. I could connect an RCA equalizer in-line for that, rather, a software implementation.

Perhaps some of the MP3 recording software has these built in, I haven't tried any other than RealOne, PlayCenter, and MusicMatch.

Recording LP's is a trick !!! (true)

The trick with a tape copy could work but you'll loose a lot

What resolution you wanna use? (8-16-24 bit 44.1 96 Khz )what resolution your soundcard supports ?

A-D conversion process is the most important badly converted WILL always sound bad

To get the best conversion you should set the analog input signal the right position !!!
    (try it few times and its gonna work)

--The big headroom solves the problem with the distortion (on the peaks),_____>

--The flipside for every 6dB of unused headroom you loose 1 bit resolution . So with a regular Lp you have to provide 22-24 dB headroom to get the most of the song . wich means your 24 bit converter is only providing 20 bit resolution .(with decent delta-sigma converter shouldn't be a problem )

But With 16 bit converters low resolution and the noise make big headaches . (
    TRY to do with 24 bit from the amp and (use some eq if you need) and convert the 24 bit song to 16 bit and you can burn it to a cd .

: