Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: LINUX SUCKS!!!!

My working experience with Windows and Linux/Unix:

windows=helpdesk job=$30-40K per year
    linux=programming and server/application job=$100K+ per year

If all you "Burger King" gamer fools want to stick with the simple OS made for dummies, then I guess you'll never amount to anything, well maybe fry supervisor. And you may find yourself driving that beatup old '70s toyota corolla when you're 45.

Okay, a little harsh. Windows/dos has some benefits for making good money. You can program with it too. BUT most of you do not know how. And you can become IT Engineers building and designing a LAN with Active Directory and MetaDirectory. BUT most of you dont know how. We know because professionals do not have the desire to bash another OS. They work hand in hand in corporations to make $$$$$$$$$.

You otta think about moving on from Burger King and learn a trade for the new millenium. With a linux machine, that you can make yourself, you can become a DNS admin, C/C++ programmer, DBA, security expert......you get the idea. Make some money! Get a Porcshe, a blonde, or many blonds, a big house with parties all the time. Linux has more to offer to improve the quality of your life-> more gain fool!!!!!!!

I like windows too, I'm using it right now, but I also used the linux box for my DNS server here at home (cost=$7 to make). And yes, I earn a cool 6 digits!

L8r fools!!!!

whassa matter with Toyota's?

my favourite cars
    Life is a bowl of cherries

Hey dsandez

How bout we see some facts!

"windows=helpdesk job=$30-40K per year
    linux=programming and server/application job=$100K+ per year"

umm.....
    how about....
    windows=programmer and server/application job=$60-120K
    linux=programming and server/application job=$50-100K+

Were are some examples of this, I would like to see them, are they on Monster.com-excetra, or what.

Eric

You otta think about moving on from Burger King and learn a trade for the new millenium. With a linux machine, that you can make yourself, you can become a DNS admin, C/C++ programmer, DBA, security expert......you get the idea. Make some money! Get a Porcshe, a blonde, or many blonds, a big house with parties all the time. Linux has more to offer to improve the quality of your life-> more gain fool!!!!!!!
    hehe - damned straight !

Plus, Linux is going to be one of the first desktop environments on PS2, so it is worth learning now for $$'s and (.) (.) 's

*****, by the time you become good enough at Linux/Network Admin. to make that much $$$, the women think you're too much of a computer geek and go somewhere else.

You want $$$ AND women...be a neurosurgeon

Originally posted by gfunkmartin
    You want $$$ AND women...be a neurosurgeon
    Or a pimp.
    I am disrespectful to dirt!

all you windows junkies make me sick. you say it's gay and stuff. the only reason you say this is because it isnt as retard friendly as winblows. microsoft is ****.
    -Rob Jerina
    System Specs:
    AMD Tbird 1.2ghz 200mhz FSB
    OCZ PC150 256mb SDRAM
    IBM DeskStar 60GXP 60gb 7200rpm
    Hercules ProphetII MX 32MB Dual-Display Video
    Creative SBLive X-Gamer

This is a lengthy post but I made it through the input and the ignorance. I won't bore anyone with telling you all about my job or my ability to code c++ blah blah blah. I have operated every Windows OS and actually started before that with basic and Logo. I currently use XP and it took me a month before I really liked it and realized what it could do. This morning, I loaded Mandrake 7.2 on a P233 machine just so I could learn it. As stated by someone in this topic, the fun isn't arguing about which OS is the best, its trying to configure a particular OS to do what YOU want. Running Linux of most any distro will make you learn your PC whereas Windows tends to do everything without your concern. Personally, I like pc's and plan on retiring because of them. I don't plan on being the guy who is asked to work on a linux or Win machine and answering, "I can't do that because some years ago I decided that OS sucks." Come on, open your minds.

Madtripper
    Love, Peace and Hair Grease

hey, guys...Linux is great!!
    yes i agree that it's quite hard to used for any newbie or anyone that is live in micrsoft's world or love microsoft.
    Linux is a really great OS.
    Believe me, you will like it after you playing around with it for a while.
    xenium2000

I believe in the power of Linux (I mean Unix), so I won't say it sucks, and that should not be said.
    The problem is that Linux simply doesn't fit on me. On the distributions i've tried (Redhat 5.2, Redhat 6 and TurboLinux 6.01 (not sure about version), it lacked on applications (well but that isn't the main problem, windows doesn't come with lot), but I know it would lack because it has not so many as windows. Also, and referring to DirectX, this api is great on windows. Linux will suck on some kind of graphics, because has no support for this. And this implicates few games (or not that great).
    Second point, is that Linux (Unix) is estable, however those distributions suck. They've always crashed for me for some reason, (the one that held more time was RedHat 6 for 1 week), but the crash was fatal and I couldn't log into my graphical gui.
    This is critical, because I don't know how to correct the problem, since i don't have that experience. I've tried (and learned by myself) some commands, but, nothing worked. When I got stuck in the command line, i've rebooted the comp, lilo: dos, and use fdisk to kill the linux partition.
    However, and I want to end showing up that linux is in fact positive, linux has not surprised me, has not showed me that is better than windows (neither in speed, stability, security or produtivity), at least in normal users distributions. Which means it is stupid to use arguments like "Linux is ****ing more safe than Windows" if we are a simple user and only want to use an os that is made for us. So, Windows is right now, the best choice for every user. However, Linux is growing up, at least for "us", distributions are going better, but it depends also Microsoft Windows XP' nt based, which has strong arguments against linux.
    But, Linux, for servers and raw internet, is withouth doubt, better than Windows, it's more simple (maybe it will require more work, but if i were an admin i would prefer to have more work than a unsafe website).
    Linux doesn't suck, but Windows will probably be the best choice for the generality.
    Speaking about $, Windows is almost free- it comes pre-installed in computers and I know how big is piracy (hehe) so..

I can't wait to see Linux become more newb-friendly. When I get more experienced with programming, I'm going to work on that in my spare time...or maybe with another GNU offshoot....I know there is one in development using microkernels instead of a single monolithic kernel that needs to be recompiled all the time