Thread: LINUX SUCKS!!!!

Threaded View

hoodedrat~~ gay I think not. since when does an OS have a sexual preference?

bsamuels~~ see above response

fishninja007~~ about the kernel.. ever heard of a BSOD in windows? that's a problem with the kernel or software interacting with the kernel. don't you wish you could go in and fix it yourself? I know I have lots of times. With open source/GNU/GPL you can do that legally too...

the reason why everything is compared to a MS app is because MS happens to be the big boy in the market currently and in order to be easily used it needs to be compatible.

for example MS Office is the defacto standard of word processing apps therefore for business reasons apps in linux are made compatible with MS word. As for MSIE see above. and actually now they are equivalents of MSIE 5.5

and the good thing about GNU/GPL aka free software. Lots of people look at the code and tweakit/fix it and as a result normally it ends up being more secure and less bugfree than the original release.

Yes I will say that linux is not as carefree of an OS as windows but it's not really meant for a normal "point and click, I wanna play games and surf the net user" It's meant for people who TRULY use a computer and put it thru it's paces.

Not to say you can't do that with a MS OS but you can tweak things to how you like them all the way down to the kernel level.

Hoodedrat (again)~~ can't do anything with linux huh? how come full blown hoolywood level movies have been created on Linux machines? can you say "Shrek" ? parts of "Titanic" special effects.and there are more than that but that is an example.

Also why is Solaris which used to be the defacto standard for internet servers now losing alot of ground to linux machines?

and you can't do anything to screw it up? try this at a console
    "su root" then enter root password and start deleting stuff..

bsamuels~~ maybe it is for him because of what he uses his box for.
    Last edited by AzKidd69; 03-01-2002 at 10:25 PM.