Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: What is the fastest CPU speed out at the moment?

Intel
    Pro's: Quiet. Efficiant. Stock Speed: the highest out there. Will not toast itself if the fan isn't seated properly.
    Cons's: AMD's AthlonXP 2000+(1.66ghz) is just as fast in certain applications. Costs half as much. Games much better.

AMD
    Pro's: The AthlonXP 2000+(1.66GHz) is about as fast as the higher rated Intel 2.2 GHz. Games very well. Cost much less.
    Cons: LOUD. Bit slower than the Intel's in certain applications. Not as overclockable. Takes just seconds to have one go up in smoke if you don't have your screamin' fan on properly.

IMO

Sweeper

Too right sweeper, my 1gig duron needs a bigass fan to keep it cool, I am sure that if I leave it unattended it will be in Space

And the references to Toms Hardware, where is this fabled site?

which is faster

I think Tom's did a nice comaritive article. The 1800XP is faster than the 2 Gig Intel in most applications and all gaming indexes. There was only one area that the intel out shinned the slower AMD and that was in either video rendering or MP3 encoding (can't remember for sure).

Since most of us seldom do that, it is not a material factor for us when picking a CPU. I think the 1800XP and faster chips are the hands down winners at multimedia, gamming, office applications.

I am a value added reseller and build systems so at my last computer show I asked the Intel rep about the comparisons between Intel and Amd and he admitted that Intel is for what he calls higher use software: encoding, CADCAM, Rendering and such or servers but he admitted that for games and office applications you couldn't beat the AMD XP systems.

tony@computerfix-it.com
    tony@computerfix-it.com

They don't care, The money to be made in home/small-medium business computer processors is penust to the industrial world, Intel 0wns there. AMD have the home computer scene covered. Nobody in their right mind can claim that a 1.6Ghz XP (2000+) isn't as good as a 1.7 or 1.8 Ghz P4. At the same time, nobody is going to claim that a pair of Athlon MP 1200s wil beat a modern Xeon system.
    NuKeS
    -
    Drugs amy be the road to nowhere, but at least it's the scenic route.

4Ghz:)

Originally posted by Harshu
    Max Speed O.C P4 Northwood 2.2 Ghz @ 4Ghz (Here at Sysopt Overclockers Database)
    It's a beautiful thing.
    DDR

And the only thing Virjo asked is "What is the fastest CPU speed out at the moment?"

let me try to sum up in the way English class tells me to (assume everything, know nothing)
    Athlon is for people who like having money and a fast processor
    Pentium is for people who like storing liquid nitrogen in the closet for those really hot days outside and they don't take a shining towards money but love performance at all cost (3.6GHz)

now if that doesn't get me a 90 in english i don't know what will

Gone
    Originally posted by ND
    And the only thing Virjo asked is "What is the fastest CPU speed out at the moment?"
    So true.How people get carried away and over examine the question.The fastest rated speed proc. available to the general public or comen pc enthuseist is Intels 2.2A Northwood which is 2200mhz.Streight out the fastest raw mhz chip in production.We arent rateing performance here he asked what is the fastest MHZ!-not which is faster at what.Let it go guys you answered his question and are no longer benifiting him by bickering like kids.

Keep it peace full.It's no biggy!