Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Optical Mouse: Cordless or Not?

Optical Mouse: Cordless or Not?

I've heard a rumor about cordless optical mouses being less efficient than plain optical mouses. Is this true, for common use I suppose their wouldn't be a difference but would it effect game play in any way?

i would recommend not getting a cordless mouse. They cost nearly 3 times as much than a normal optical one, the are way to heavy, and they chew through batteries to power them. Just go for a normal optical mouse and invest your other money somewhere else.

With a price difference of less than 3 dollars I think I afford an optical one easily, but is there is a performance difference than I might have to reconsider. Do you really think they're that heavy?

http://store.yahoo.com/justdeals/logcoropmous.html
    (with cord)

http://store.yahoo.com/justdeals/wheelmousspe.html
    (cordless)

They seem heavier to me. Hold a couple of AA batteries while using your current mouse and see if the difference bothers you.

(I'm not very big person, and don't do 12 ounce curls and remote control sets like you guys.)

Go for the corded, optical mouse. You can get a Logitech corded, optical mouse for about 20 bucks at Wal-Mart or Office Max/Depot. I got my optical mouse for Christmas and it works great. Plus, it's really light (no pun intended).

I'm using the cordless optical Microsoft Explorer.....it's somewhat expensive and it sucks for gaming ( as do all cordless ), but I'm still using the same 2 batteries for 2 months now .... and yes it's used alot. The M/S version "goes to sleep" when not in use to save batteries......... but as I said earlier it can't keep up while shooting things on-line.
    "Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming. WOW-- What a Ride!"

ok, i dont know the specifics and i forgot where i read this but, I heard that corded optical mice refresh or what ever at like 120 per min.. or something.. sorry not very technical.. cuz i totally forgot what i read, and that corded mice are like 60 and ps2 mice are 40.. corded optical mice are way better for gaming and are much precise. I have the MouseMan Dual Optical from Logitech and i love it. I use it for playing games alot and it works great.
    just my 2 cents..
    :-D

My old IBM Aptiva (5 years old) came with a three button cordless mouse and a remote control just like a TV. I really liked the cordless mouse, other than having to replace the batteries. The remote was fun when the kids were at the computer and I would move their mouse with the remote.. they didn't know I had a remote.

The cordless mouse still works perfect.

I didn't get a cordless with my new Dell... I miss it!
    Criminals love gun control... it makes their jobs safer.

i got the cordless opticle freedom from logitech that came with a cordless keyboard and cordless opticale mouse. I just love this thing. I can lay on my couch and what movies on my tv from my comp with out having to go over and press start from my desk. Yeah i know i am lazy

Gone
    I've had a M$ cordless mouse and it worked excellent in gameing.It was a little heavy but it wasen't the batteries fault.It was heavy without.The batteries lasted about 2 months.Here is a tip,most recharge batteries are lighter than disposible.I know a lot about batteries,trust me.It has a lot to do with the acid that is used in rechargeable battery today.Also my cordless wasn't slow at all.As for optical cordless I would recomend the Logitech mouse.It is light goes for 2-months on batteries(get rechargeables)and is way faster than any cord mouse.First off it is usb,that is a faster port than the pc mouse port.This means less lag between your movement and the pc's reaction time.You will notice the dif. in gameing.USB in most Pc's is also udma' enabled.My bios has dma mode enabled for usb devices and can utilize up to 10%mem. for faster speed on port.There is also the whopping dual laser unit on this Logitech mouse.It runs at twice the dpi. of pc mouse-800 dpi.usb vs. 400pc.That means alot when I use Gmax.I know because I am looking at the web page right now.I'm buying one next week,already sold M$ cordless for $20 yesterday.Here is a link if you are interested.It takes you right to the mouse I'm getting and they have it at all Wall-marts and Staples.That mouse rules.

http://www.logitech.com/cf/products/...eatures.cfm/95

Works with all os's even Mac and XP!Left and right hand!

I have just brought a cordless optical mouse and Keyboard, from logitech ok its £100 gbp.
    but i love it.
    I acthulay like the extra waight it makes it feal more robust.
    Great !!!!!!

HaHa i got mine for $95

I paid the going rate for the UK.
    You Yanks get every thing cheaper, so it dont superise me.
    UK is allways seen as a soft touch.
    Be it cars, computers, ect. what anoys me is we get chrap service with it.
    Although had no probs with the keys & mouse yet.
    It has given the system about a 7% hit in the sys recsources.
    Which seams a lot to me.

If I had free money, I'd buy a cordless optical mouse. But not IR. Rather in radio-frequency range.

Gone
    Kurylo "If I had free money, I'd buy a cordless optical mouse. But not IR. Rather in radio-frequency range."

My M$ was radio,it's not that great.If you have a place to set the reciever in front of the mouse it makes absolutely no dif.Iused my friends cheap IR mouse and it worked just as good to my surprise.Now if you have the habit of placeing things in front of your mouse or standing 20 feet away then you may disagree!