Thread: Globalwin CAK38 thots

Globalwin CAK38 thots

Hi,
    I am wondering if the CAK38 a good HSF for a Duron 1.2g? I have a sweet deal with this HSF. I don't care about noise. But am leery at the weight of this suckah! Think it will hurt the k7s5a mobo or even the cpu itself?!

The CAK38 is a good hs/fan combo. It won't hurt the cpu or mobo once you get the hs on. Make sure you install the hs on the cpu while the motherboard is outside the case. Globalwin makes some pretty stiff retaining clips. An alternate replacement for the clip would be to find a socket 7 hs with the clip and use this clip. I'm currently using 2. 1 on a coolermaster hs/fan w/ a tbird 750 Overclocked to a 900 and another on my Globalwin WBK32 w/ a tbird 1G Overclocked to a 1.33G.
    The original clip for the globalwin was a little too stiff for my taste. Didn't like the idea that the etching on my tbird 1G core left an imprint on the bottom of my heat sink. And this was after I lapped the heat sink. As for temperature, the 1G @ 1.33G is idle at 25c. So far, its only topped at 32c, this is during the summer. And running the cpu @ full load.

I had mine on an Athlon XP 1600+, core load @ 45C.