Thread: what is system restore in WIN ME?

what is system restore in WIN ME?

I just have my computer format & cleaned installed with WIN ME & in the program there's a system restore. What exactly does this do,is it good? thanks

If you have to ask, you should keep it.

System Restore can be used to create "set points" manually. A "Set point" is a point in time when there was little activity on the drive. Windows creates set points regularly. At those set points, Windows gathers data about your system and saves that data so that you can restore the system to working order after the requisite bone-headed mistake.

You can disable it if you like and increase system performance somewhat. If you like the feature, Roxio's GoBack is much better.

All of this info is in the "Help and Support" selection on your Start Menu.
    MS MCP, MCSE

I like roxio's goback too, but my tdk velocd24x doesnt work right with adaptec 5.0 platinum even with the patch from roxio, that's my biggest problem.
    it came with nero5.5 foftware only

Nero is dandy. Keep it.

GoBack was originally developed by WildFile. Roxio recently bought them out. GoBack works fine on all of my systems up to and including WinXP Pro.
    MS MCP, MCSE

Im running win me, I got my tdk velocd working using adaptec 5.0 platinum, but my creative 12x dvdrom icon dissappear from the windows.
    when i tried to uninstall the adaptec program ,it comes back & vice versa, why is that? its driving me nuts

thanks for the input polarbill, by the way do i need adaptec 5.0 platinum to install the GO BACK program or I could buy it seperate. is this link to adaptec 5.0? thanks

Im running win me, I got my tdk velocd working using adaptec 5.0 platinum, but my creative 12x dvdrom icon dissappear from the windows.
    Have you installed the "Intel Application Accelerator"? If so, this little prize has been known to cause those problems.

thanks for the input polarbill, by the way do i need adaptec 5.0 platinum to install the GO BACK program or I could buy it seperate. is this link to adaptec 5.0? thanks
    No on the need for 5.0 Platinum. You can read about GoBack here:

http://www.roxio.com/en/products/goback/index.jhtml

It requires a CD drive to install, but that's it. It costs about $45 here:

http://www.us.buy.com/retail/product...=20339329&loc=

You can obtain a stripper version by purchasing Norton System Works 2002 Professional.
    MS MCP, MCSE

polarbill
    what is intel accelerator application & how do I obtain that? thanks

That's the point...you don't want it. It messes with CD drives sometimes. You can search for it on the Intel site.
    MS MCP, MCSE