this is my story, yesterday my 10 GB HDD crashed and failed so I send it to the shop where i bought it for repairs and warranty and they said I will be able to get it after 7 days, so what i did is get my old 540 MB harddisk drive and use it, first i didnt formated it and just delete the files there then after that i installed my operating system (windows 98 second edition) after all that when I browsed on my directory i found a folder named "Wininst0.400" then opened it and found lots of wierd files i.e. [0015.9e2, Ios\*pnp.050, Ss = reb.oot.OOT stuff, then I looked on the properties of the folder and I was shocked to see the size of the folder, it WAS 9.28 TB (9.28 TerraByte) then I tried deleting it it says "folder doesnt exist" or "Cannot delete: YS [001.59D: The filename you specify is invalid and too long" then I tried deleting one by one but still a message saying "File system error"
Now I was left for my last resort by formating the whole drive, after I formated it and reinstalled windows and browsed the folder "Wininst0.400" is still there cant get rid of it, I tried an antivirus software specifically McAfee and Norton but when they start scanning it the antivirus just goes "illegal operation" and cant scan it anymore, I need help here what is folder "Wininst0.400" all about