Thread: boot disk failure insert system disk????

boot disk failure insert system disk????

I need some help. I just built my new system amd xp 1800 60 gig western digatl hard drive 512ddr micron asus a7v266e mb sony cdrom tdk cdrw all brand new .Set everything up in the bios. I put in a dos boot disk I got from bootdisk.com to It will post then the floppy drive will read the disk, but then it will say “boot disk failure insert system disk”. In bios it is all set to boot from the floppy. Thanks in advance… and when is the gforce4 4200 gona be out?

(Again)You need to try another bootable disk.Something is either wrong with the disk or it doesn't have all the needed files.

(again) three disk cant be wrong. 2 from bootdisk.com another from win98.....still wont boot too the floppy

Is the ribbon cable plugged in correctly?
    Have you tested the boot floppies on another machine to see if they boot up?

does the floppy light stay on

Check the memory.Pull it out and reinsert it.Check the Bios setup boot configuration again and "save to CMOS.
    (P.S> Didn't mean to seem condescending.Just read the post from other forum topic.)

As userserver implied, you may have the FDD cable upside-down causing the drive not to actually be read. The red stripe will be alligned with the side opposite as your IDE devices red stripes. That may not be the case, but I just thought i'd say it. Good luck,

SpaceBz

SpaceBz, I probably should have explained my question. Thanks for doing so. To further clarify, on the drive itself, the red stripe is away from the power connector, but on the motherboard the red stripe is at pin 1, usually the same side as the IDE cables (assuming they are parallel to each other).

I spent too long in tech support. Got used to asking questions and waiting for answers rather than taking the time to explain each question.