Thread: Geforce 2 ti won't allow boot up

Geforce 2 ti won't allow boot up

I just built an new computer this morning:
    Abit KT7A
    Duron 900
    Geforce 2 ti
    Vibra 128

It was all working fine and running games brilliantly untill I decided to unplug it to use the leads on a nother computer.
    When I plugged them back in and booted up the computer gave me a BEEP beep beep. I unplugged the mouse and keyboard and then it booted up without the beeps. But the screen does not go out of stand by. I tried again with no succes so I removed the card and slotted it back in again still with no succes.
    I pulled out the Leadtek Geforce 2 ti and put in me old TNT vanta and the computer booted up fine.
    the card does have diagnostic leds on it and the error one does not show up. I also tried the card in my old celeron system to see if it would boot but the same thing happened.

Please help cause i want those fast frames and beaufil graphics back.

thanks
    JON

Try hitting "Reset" button as soon as you hear those "beeps".
    Another thing - if the card didn't work on another comp, maybe it's dead ?!

Re: Geforce 2 ti won't allow boot up

Originally posted by Jon07
    I just built an new computer this morning:
    Abit KT7A
    Duron 900
    Geforce 2 ti
    Vibra 128

It was all working fine and running games brilliantly untill I decided to unplug it to use the leads on a nother computer.
    When I plugged them back in and booted up the computer gave me a BEEP beep beep. I unplugged the mouse and keyboard and then it booted up without the beeps. But the screen does not go out of stand by. I tried again with no succes so I removed the card and slotted it back in again still with no succes.
    I pulled out the Leadtek Geforce 2 ti and put in me old TNT vanta and the computer booted up fine.
    the card does have diagnostic leds on it and the error one does not show up. I also tried the card in my old celeron system to see if it would boot but the same thing happened.

Please help cause i want those fast frames and beaufil graphics back.

thanks
    JON

The rule of thumb to go by if the card does not work in multiple computers. That's a flag saying something is wrong. There has to be something wrong with the card. Contact the manufacturer and send it back.......Looks like a RMA to me........

Good luck.....and have a nice day......

rockinmale
    shoot first and ask questions later

If ure over clocking. try to reset everything back to normal..
    and then IF u did a BIos Upgrade.. DOWNgrade it back to what it was.. might solve your problem. and then take it one step at a time.
    upgrade the BIOS. or what ever and run it for a few days and see hwo stable ity is etc etc
    " . I unplugged the mouse and keyboard and then it booted up without the beeps. But the screen does not go out of stand by. I tried again with no succes so I removed the card and slotted it back in again still with no succes. "
    thats because then it stops at the keyboard error.
    also useing the other Video card. check the BIos for any misconfigurations... disable any chaching or rom etc .
    ... oh check to see if the default boot up display is set to AGP not PCI(is that is an option in yout bios)
    Last edited by philocipher; 01-28-2002 at 07:30 AM.