Thread: Best Sound card

Best Sound card

If you were going to buy a new sound card what would you buy?

not creative i have had nothing but annoying trouble after annoying trouble !!!!!

I'd suggest an Aureal Vortex SQ2500. Works & Sounds Great. I've got one in my system. I had some issues with it(resolved by REMing out the commands in the Autoexec.bat file), but other then that its great .

PC Speaker !!!

I upgrade my sound card almost as much as I upgrade everything else in my system. I've used almost every consumer level sound card released in the last four years.

In approx order of purchase:

SB16 Vibra
    SB AWE64
    Ensoniq AudioPCI (pre-Creative)
    MX300
    *SBLive value (analog)
    SBLive X-Gamer
    SBLive value (digital)
    SBLive X-Gamer 5.1
    Philips Acoustic Edge
    Herc GTXP
    TB Santa Cruz
    *Audigy X-Gamer
    *Fortissimo II
    *Muse XL
    *Audigy MP3+
    *Audigy OEM

*currently installed in one of my 6 running boxes.

Without a doubt, the best overall soundcard I've used is the Creative Audigy (the Santa Cruz is a close second). In fact, I bought two more after the first one to take advantage of the firewire support.
    Last edited by Brian48; 01-25-2002 at 12:15 AM.

Philips Acoustic Edge, or the Aureal Vortex2 SQ2500.

Anything but creative.
    Every man that is pure of heart, and says his prayers by night.
    May become a wolf when the wolfbane blooms, and the moon is clear and bright.

~Wyre

SBLive! 5.1 ROCKS

I've used the Sound Blaster line and the aureal vortex and vortex2. The SBLive! Value and 5.1 rock hard. How much better is the Audigy. I hear it's not worth upgrading to it if u have the live! 5.1 already.

Right now I have a 3 piece Boston speaker set. To speakers and a subwoofer. My card thats installed right now is an Esoniq Creative Sound Blaster Audio PCI 64. Its about three years old.

On board audio for me. It is Creative though, but I love it. It's equal to Creative PCI 128 . I have me 6 speakers (4 satellites and 2 subs) hooked up to it. Right now it will only play the second set of speakers while playing a game or use the Oozic Player. Will have that fixed next time I get a chance to go to radio shack.

I have no plans to stop buying Creative. I've never had problems and I keep coming back. I'm thinking about an Audigy right now. Here is my history of personal main-box cards:

SB AWE32 PNP
    SB AWE64 Value
    SB PCI64
    SB Live! Value
    Scorpio has left the building. The management here does not want to offer an explanation for turning their backs on the quality people who built this community.

Scorpio69

Audigy is **** nice. I got one a couple months back. The sound just seems crisper and more intense on my little 2 piece Kenyo speakers hooked up to my big home stereo sub.

LOL! You need better speakers for your Audigy!!! I feel for your sound card! Check out the Logitech Z560 4.1 Speakers. They look tasty to me.

I currenty have the Cambridge Soundworks DT 3500 5.1 Speakers. CAMBRIDGE SOUNDWORKS BLOWZ! Don't get 'em. I had to swap a couple of the speakers with some much nicer ones that i already had in order to get better sound. And besides that... Almost nothing on my PC takes advantage of the 5.1 sound besides movies on my little 19' monitor.

Love, Peace, and Hair Grease people!

FR