Thread: Can't View .JPG in Explorer

Can't View .JPG in Explorer

T-Bird 850, ASUS A7V, 128Mg PC-133 SDRAM, Radeon 8500. All drivers updated. Using IE6. When I log onto the internet, every place where there is a .jpg photo, all I see is a garbled mess of color. I can download the .jpg file and see it clear as day with quicktime photo viewer. I've also checked the advanced settings for Explorer to make sure show pictures was enabled. Im at my wits end and have already spent too much money on the new video card which is what i originally thought it was. It first started when I took out my video card from it's slot to clean it up. It it Hardware or Software???? HELP!!

definitely software problem!

you may reinstall IE6......what OS do you use?
    IE6 is very famous to cause a large variety of software problems

i also recommend to use "ACDSee" for image viewing.

www.acdsystems.com

:-)

Have you tried going into IE Tools/Internet Options/Multimedia/? Check "show pictures". Also, make sure your Java Console is checked.

I've tried just about everything i can think of besides going out and getting a new windows disk. The one I am using as a very deep gouge in it....im surprised it even works. I'm guessing, since I've tried everything else that I may be missing some type of sustem file or something like that. ACDSee is a great program to use, yes, but I'd like to see the pictures on the web as they come up. Any other advice would be appreciated. Thanks

Can you use IE to open a jpeg on your hard drive?

No, when i try to open them up with explorer it is still garbled like it is when the page originally loads.

do gif's display properly?

Repair your IE6 installation. To do this, click START, SETTINGS, CONTROL PANEL, ADD/REMOVE PROGRAMS. Hilight IE6& INTERNET TOOLS and click REMOVE. You'll be presented the option to REMOVE or REPAIR.

Sometimes it can't be repaired and you'll be prompted to run setup again. If so, maneuver to C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\Setup and click the setup.exe icon.

I did a repair on it but it is still the same. This is very annoying. I appreciate everyone's input! Thanks! Zeus