Thread: Blocking specific morpheus users...is my firewall the answer?

Blocking specific morpheus users...is my firewall the answer?

I need a way to block specific users on Morpheus (those who leach my files and share nothing with the rest of the community) from downloading from me. I've tried 'cancel upload', but that doesn't stop the person from reinitiating the transfer in a matter of seconds. Am I not seeing a really simple way to do this, or would I have to implement a firewall solution?

I use Zone Alarm pro, so I could add a user to the restricted computers list, but how would I easily get someone's IP address?

Any help much appreciated.

my suggestion would be to wait until one of these users you want to block is the only one downloading something. then use a packet sniffer to inspect packets for destination.

Is their an ignore feature on Morphoes. That if you selcet to ignore them they cand dl from you.
    Nothing in life is as certain as death, but death is not a wall but a doorway to a new adventure

try going to cnet and downloading the manual for that thing cause it does have a list of users u want to ingore but there is no feature that allows it

hmmm
    is this morpheus thing a direct connection or does it go through a server or proxy of some sort?
    --Ka0ticSH

my opinion is it does go through a server since u have a logging name and since it keeps status of every user