Thread: Ahhhh yes, the beauty of paying attention...

Ahhhh yes, the beauty of paying attention...

Just in case you ever feel like flashing your BIOS, be sure that you don't set your SOYO K7ADA board to "Maximum Perfomance" in the process, or you will lose all of your USB ports. Sure, you may try to reinstall the OS or all the drivers for the USB so that W2K will recognize it again, or you could simply beat on your computer with a hammer. Alas, after taking the latter approach and introducing my computer to a sledge, I decided hey, what the hell, lets read the manual?!? And right there in the BIOS settings, the first few pages, was what I was looking for: "If you set your BIOS settings to 'Maximum', you will automatically disable your onboard USB ports". And what do you know? After I set that back to 'Normal', all was well :-) Ah yes, the lessons we learn. And btw, does anyone have the need for a used, slightly dented ATX case?

*Portions of this post exaggerated for humerous effect. Not valid in Hawaii or Alaska*
    Never underestimate a Penguin...

I hate reading the manual too. But have to admit that it’s amazing the info that’s in there

i hate flashing the bios, worked great on my vid card which gave me the confidence to do my motherboard. Last I saw of it.

I think they should call it Flush the bios myself...

LOL