Thread: Help with artifacts & GF2Pro!!

Help with artifacts & GF2Pro!!

Just today, my Leadtek GF2Pro has started putting artifacts on the screen in my 3d games (dunno about 2d haven't tried but suspect the same). I'm not sure why. I had it overclocked from the default 200/400 to 210/415 for a while about three weeks back, but then got sick of the Winfox program starting up all the time, and took that out of startup, thereby returning my overclocking to the defaults.
    Now when i go into games there are colored dots appearing all over the place. they move with the screen sometimes, like in Q3TA when you have that circle thing on the main menu, that has the spinning stuff, i have that and some colored patches moving with it. When i'm playing some games (q3TA, OpFlash) i get small lines that go across the screen, almost like i haven't tuned in the tv or something.
    Whats happening?? is my card dying? do i need different drivers (currently have 23.11)?
    I can't afford a new card at the moment, so i'm really hoping its the drivers... what were the best ones before 23.11?
    Anyone know what might be happening?

System specs
    Gigabyte VTXE KT266a
    Athlon XP 1600+
    512 Megs PC2100 cas2
    Leadtek Winfast Geforce2 Pro 32 (AGP 4x, Fastwrites enabled)
    SB live Value
    300W PSU

Win98SE

Start with the easy stuff. Check all the connections. Card seated properly, cable connection to monitor.....
    Run a registry cleaner. I use system mechanic. Free 30 day trial from www.iolo.com
    Reload directx/graphic drivers(either leadtek or nvidia) and via chipset drivers/patches.
    Uninstall and reinstall all the games and patches.

well its gotten worse, it screws up web pages as well. Even the desktop gets stuffed up.
    I installed the Via 4in1s yesterday (4.37a) so i installed the previous ones, 4.35, that i still had. Still no luck.
    Got a virus checker running (always do) and it finds nothing out of the ordinary... hmmm... not looking good is it...

Monitor cable is plugged in properly as far as i can tell. Have a look at the picture that is attached (hopefully).. This is what happens when i use the mouse wheel to scroll up and down a few times on a web page...
    ok so i haven't attached the file cos it says its an invalid file extension. possibly cos it has no valid file extensions ... Hey Mods, can you see that too?
    I'll try your reg cleaner thing...
    Edit: no luck with the reg cleaner. Will open the case, and make sure the card is seated properly, but i'm pretty sure it is, cos it has one of those locking mechanisms to hold it in place.
    Last edited by But_Why; 01-02-2002 at 05:22 PM.

Open your case and see if your card fan is working. Try to underclock your card, it looks like a heat issue.

Shouldn't be a heat issue, the fan is working, well so winfox tells me.
    Hmmm was a bit warm in there... got the lid off now.

Might have to get my new case sooner than planned. bugger... just after xmas/new years is not a good time to buy stuff...

Will leave the lid off for a bit and see if it improves.

Hmmm guess it was a heat issue... seems perfectly fine now.
    Thanks Motta!
    Will have to get the new case and enermax powersupply asap...