Thread: help with Ink in 740

help with Ink in 740

I am using color ink that is not Epson in my 740 printer and it will not deliver to the page. This is the second time this has happened. Is there some sort of trick in getting this to work ? Can anyone help me please.

you don't stop playing because you get old. You get old because you stop playing.

Epson printers have a high printing resolution (D.P.I. - dots per inch), this means that the printhead nozzles have to be manufactured much smaller than other printer manufacturers' nozzles. The size of the actual nozzle hole is smaller than the human hair and it does not take very much for them to clog. Epson Printers are prone to having ink dry in the printhead nozzles causing streaking and void areas and over time, rendering the printer useless. Just running the cleaning cycle is NOT enough...

One thing is for sure, if any of your printhead nozzles are completely clogged, you are most likely looking at buying a new printer! To prevent that, use our cleaning cartridges... it's a Much Cheaper alternative! (Having it cleaned by a 'repair tech' typically costs $40!)
    http://www.maxpatchink.com/epsonclean.htm

Do a search on Google for "Cleaning Epson Cartridges."

Thanks for the info. But what I'm discovering is that an Epson cartridge will work with no problem. It's when I buy a different cheaper brand that it won't work. I'm a little a new to this. So I was guessing that maybe Epson has some sort of switch that won't let other brands work. Or am I just fooling myself. Thanks Again.
    you don't stop playing because you get old. You get old because you stop playing.

anyone else care to take a stab at this?

this is the last time I'll send it back to the top asking for help, then I'll let rest.

I think www.tomshardware.com had a good guide on inkjet printers. If you use non-factory or cheaper OEM ink, they may not be the same quality that the inkjet nozzle was designed to "spray", (thicker or thinner inks, pigments that clog, etc.)

Hope this helps.

I was an HP Inkjet printer tech and saw the damage done by refilled ink pens. Unfortunantly you get what you pay for. Go with the cartridges you are suppose to use is my advice, cause even if the refills work, they usually fry your printer eventually and that costs more money. Usually 100 bucks a pop out of warrenty for even the cheap printers.