Thread: How to Edit config.sys @ autoexec.bat??

How to Edit config.sys @ autoexec.bat??

On this machine I can't get into check the config or autoexec. Its running ME the other machine (win98) I type in edit sys or edit config. Im trying to check about ms dos compatibily mode My C drive went to it and was reading to remove the references in config or autoexec .
    Thanks,swampy
    PS:Happy new year to everyone.
    PSS brain dead is my middle name

Re: How to Edit config.sys @ autoexec.bat??

Inside ME, all you have to do open your C:\ folder and right click on Autoexec.bat and click on on Edit. For the Config.sys, you need to right click while folding down the shift key, from the pop up menu, click on "Open with.." A box will pop up with a list of diferent programs you can use. First thing, un check the box that says "always use this program..." The scroll down and select Notepad. Then edit and save each.

I don't know about ME, but try at a command prompt or the start run, type in SYSEDIT and run. It brings up all of the config.sys, autoexec.bat, etc in the editor. It works in other MS operating systems.

Or you can do that too )

You can also try a registry search for: NoIDE and delete the entry. Always good practice to backup first. All I can say is it always worked for me...Regards,
    "Any tool can be used as a hammer"

SYSEDIT doesn't exist anymore in ME. (it was useful, so it was removed, just like MSFax and the direct timezone selector in Win95a)

To my experience, no matter what you do with autoexec.bat and config.sys, ME restores the default ones on next reboot.