Thread: rambus vs ddr

rambus vs ddr

which would be a wiser choice?

Since Intel is dropping Rambus for DDR, DDR is the best choice. Frankly, it has always been the best choice because its cheaper than rambus, you only need 1 DIMM to use it (Rambus uses matched pairs), its only marginally slower than Rambus, and there's more than two companies that manufacture it so you have a choice on what to get. You can get 256 MB of Crucial (the good stuff) PC2100 for $65 right now, and prices should start to fall after the new year becuase RAM prices traditionally skyrocket right around the holidays, and then bottom out around July when they start to climb again. Plus, Intel CPU's tend to be much higher than AMD's, and since the Intel DDR boards coming out are new and from Intel, you can rest assured that they will cost far more then even the best AMD board.

Thanks SEALTEAMTHREE. I knew rambus was faster but i also know that it cost a lot more, my question was what was going to last longer and you answer that. I did not know intel had drop rambus?!

Go with DDR cuz it's cheaper and is more supported (and popular ) than Rambus.

PC-133 SDRAM, 'cuz in real circumstances DDR is not much faster than PC-133 CAS2.