Thread: Flash Bios AMIFl818

Flash Bios AMIFl818

Okay Guys and Gals, I need your help! I purchased a preassembled desktop computer and I installed Win 2K. The mother board is an ESC K7S5A DDR SiS735 - Chipset 266/200 MHz FSB, which included the following "Bios Flash": AMIFl818.

However, when I attempt to flash the bios an error message of "Chipsed/Flash part isn't available...The function will be invalid" is returned. Since I am not a true "Computer Geek" (I am a "Geek" wanna be), I am not sure as to what I can do to resolve this problem.

Does anyone out there have any advise on how I should proceed?

Other System Information:
    OS - Win 2K
    CPU - 1 Ghz Atlon Processor
    Ram - 256 DDR SDRAM
    Last edited by ceevans; 12-21-2001 at 11:27 AM.

Use the ami3.26 flash utility to flash. The 818 utility on the install CD willl not work. A flash from floppy is not always dependable. Recommend flashing from the hardrive. Regards,
    "Any tool can be used as a hammer"

Thanks, Raydeo Ray! I will try it as soon as I return home. Question...How will the different version of the Bios affect my system?

here you will find all the info I think you need. See the FAQ for flash info,etc. FWIW: I'm using the overclockers bios (98SE) with good results. Good Luck and Regards,

here you will find all the info I think you need. See the FAQ for flash info,etc. FWIW: I'm using the overclockers bios (98SE) with good results. Good Luck and Regards,

Once again...Thanks Raydeo Ray! Hopefully I will not crash my system using the updated flash bios.