Thread: Problem Batch normalizing MP3's

Problem Batch normalizing MP3's

can anyone recommend a good app for normalizing a bunch (directory for instance) of MP3's in one go? A decent one. I have tired a couple and they don't do much of a job. sometimes nothing at all.

I want to burn a bunch of tunes from different sources onto a CD without the problem of volume difference. its a pain having to mess around with the volume mid-CD when you're trying to relax.

If you are burning the music onto CD's in WAV format Nero's normalizing feature has worked good for me.

I've been using Nero for a while now and have used the normalize feature, but i wanted something to normalize the actual mp3's so they stay that way and i don't need to keep normalizing each time i burn a CD.

but thanks for reminding me its there, i'll use that till i find a better solution.

also does anyone know of a program that will burn mp3's to CD but also allow me to export a tracklist so i can make a cover without having to type all the tracks out manually?

a little trick i have been using at the moment for track lists of custom CD's is to put the tracks in order in nero and then take a screen grab of the track list and save it as a jpeg and import into my cover program. works OK but a tracklist export would look better as it would still be text rather than an image of text (if that makes sense).

Try this http://admin.dbpoweramp.com it's a good all-round audio format converter which features batch conversion and volume normalisation.

this doesn't really address your problem, but you might want to try compression as well as normalization when you equalize volume levels. I swear by it, especially if you're making a really nice cd. I've only used Audio Grabber because it has a compression feature, and you can do a much better job than you could with normalization alone.

thanks guys, i'll give it a go.