Thread: Downloading and Playing games at the same time...

Downloading and Playing games at the same time...

Hi,.

Im running a 1 ghz Duron on a k7t266a pro-2 MB with 300+ megz of DDR ram and ONE 5 gig HardDrive.

Can i play a game while doing downloads without fear of the downloads being corrupted?

Will it tear and wear my HD to hell or should all be fine?

All help/comments appreciated.

euphoryk

You got overall good system except the HDD
    You can still download and game at the same time, but I advice you to use any of download managers (FlashGet/GetRight/DAP/etc...), this way your download will be resumed even if it was interrupted for some reason.

Best Regards ...

I've been using Download Accellerator Plus for some time now and I can play and download at the same time with no problem. If you are using Kazaa you have to watch out: if your system crashes (happens sometimes when gaming) when you are downloading with Kazaa your list of downloads will be gone (frees some HD space though..... ). Your harddrive will not wear much more, I think. Most games aren't very HD intensive while playing. Loading a level however may be a bit slower. Hope this helps,

Arthur

If you're worried about performance I'd pick up another HD. Even a basic 20 gig will do fine. Throw your page file off of your OS drive.

1 other thing... as long as you backup regulary, go wild with your HD. Most drives come with a 3-5 year warranty so if you use it normaly dont worry about it.