Thread: Is Win 98 as stable or as good as Win SE?

Is Win 98 as stable or as good as Win SE?

Hi,

I have heard alot of good things about win 98 se but ive only got win 98, i hate ME at the momment so im changing back but i was wondering wether i should?

Cheers

SE was really not much more than regular Win98 with all the bug fixes and updates applied. If you install your Win98 and download and install all the critical updates, patches, etc from the Windows Update site you will be very close to Win98SE.

See above.

Every OS I've had (all MS) were perfectly stable. From Win95a to Win98SE everything worked well. I've yet to try ME.

98 used to be the only os i have ever used that was guarenteed to crash every week. they should put i warranty on that thing saying "If your computer does not crash or have the blue screen treatment please report to ms promptly, we will gladly refund you with a crappy version" and from what my treatment was like i will never have to take 98 back! it was that bad!!!............mate your in for a slighty better time ME used to crash every 2 weeks............................................. .................................................. ..........but then a light appeared called Ms Win XP!.......................................i tired, yes you heard TRIED to crash the dam thing thing but it just wasn't to be......XP ruled!

anyway........only reason i ask is because 98 SE is good for games, i heard and was wondering if SE was worth getting!?