Thread: Why can't i burn this media?!

Why can't i burn this media?!

THere are certain medias that when i start the cd read copy, it reads n stops read n stops n on n on n on. Wut is up with that? I am using nero5.5 the latest and cd clone.

Do you have your CD-ROM and burner on the same controller? If so, you're set to "burn on the fly" meaning that as data is read from the CD-ROM it is transfered directly to the burner instead of being sent to the harddrive and then to the burner. What is happening is the CD-ROM reads a disc sector, sends it to the RAM, and then the motherboard sends the data from the RAM back up the controller into the burner. IDE controllers only allow for one-way at a time data transfer, so the CD-ROM pauses while the burner writes so data can be sent to the burner from the RAM, and the burner pauses while the CD-ROM reads so data can be sent from the CD-ROM to the RAM. If you have a quad channel IDE controller on your mobo (such as 2/ATA-100 and 2/EIDE or 4/EIDE or 4/ATA-100) put the burner on a seperate controller or master it to a drive that doesn't run at the same time as the burner. I have my burner mastered to my ZIP drive, since the ZIP only reads on demand. If you only have a dual channed IDE controller, you could either buy a PCI IDE controller card, or just have Nero transfer the CD to the harddrive and then write to the burner.

my problem is when both on burn on the fly n creating image first, basically, the reader (cd rom or cdrw) reads n stops, as if it is struggling to start reading the cd to make an image, so i neva get a image to burn.

EX Moderator-May He Rest in Peace rangeral's Avatar
    Sometimes not all blanks are compatable, try different brands til you find one that works every time.

what brand is your CDROM?

do you have DMA enabled on it if the drive supports it?

you might want to check that the source CD is of good quality without too many scratches. it might be that the laser is having trouble picking up the tracks clearly if there are big scratches.

also is it on one particular disk or all that you have tried? maybe try different types of CD. Data or Audio.

have you also tried creating an image with your burner rather than the reader?

also give Nero CD Speed a try HERE . it might give you an idea of possible problems.

Well I'm trying to burn Westwood Yuri's Revenge, it keeps on skipping n can't make an image on both my readers -CD and CDRW. It also does that for Elite Force n others. These titles are mine.

sounds like it could be some sort of copy protection.

if it is then i shouldn't think anybody here will be able to help you with it, because the powers that be at sysopt frown on that sort of thing.

sorry.

lolz thanks ne wayz.