Thread: ??????????

??????????

Can enyone can help me to ovwerclok my duron on 650 Mhz to 800?I have Soltec 75kv+,nvidia Riva TNT 2 M64,256 Memorije.

Intimate Member
    First, look at the L1 bridges on the Duron to see if they were laser cut at the factory...most were. If they were cut, you will need to close them back again with some conductive ink.

Second, not all Durons or Tbirds will overclock very much. Yours may go to 800 mhz and it may only go to 750 mhz or even less...its the luck of the draw on each batch of processors as to how well they will overclock.

Your mainboard will need to run at 133 mhz fsb. Check that it can do that.

Your ram will need to be at least PC 133 capable as well.

If all this fits your situation, and you can unlock your Duron by closing the L1 bridges, set the motherboard to 133 mhz, set the multipliers for the cpu to about 5 times 133 in the bios, or jumpers whichever they are for your setup, and fire it up. You should get about 665 mhz with this mulitplier setting. If that works, shut down and change the multiplier to 5.5 times 133 mhz This should give you about 732 mhz. If it boots and works ok, good..keep increasing the multipliers a little at a time..until it will not run stable anymore. You will also need to increase the voltage on the processor core some...again, a little at a time, and I do not know what the Vcore for a Duron is. You will begin to see a higher heat level in the core as the Vcore voltage is increased, and will need a very good heat sink to dissapate the heat from the cpu core. If the cpu runs too hot, it will 1) burn up, or 2) cause computer crashes and lockups.

Mod w/ an attitude Sterling_Aug's Avatar
    Did you check your manual or maybe even on the motherboard. There may be a chart for the jumper settings printed on the motherboard.

If you do not have a manual, search for the manufacturers' website here:

http://www.wimsbios.com