Thread: weather

weather

The weather where I live has been incredible for this time of year.

That is probably because you inadvertantly have received all the warm weather that we're decidedly NOT having here in Southern California.

Art

that's because the jet stream has been from SW to NE over the central portion of USA since September---this means cold west of Rockies and warm east of Mississippi river valley-----

statistically 9for last 65 years of weather records)..if the fall (sept thru nov) has such a pattern, the chances for continuation of this pattern for enrtire winter 9thru march) is more than 75%!

Also- there is no El Nino or La Nina...so.the climatic sequences are more under control of the "oscillations" found in the North Atlantic and north pacific polar reions------this usually means "changable" conditons (warm vs cold////dry vs warm) over entire USA--and shifts of these patterns at monthly intervals.

so--chances r the present weather scheme will rmeian for the hext 2-4 monthds with occuaional short termed changes.....
    ed

Wow eshort!!

So what are you trying to say ??

All I know about the weather in my region is that it's raining like always in Seattle!!
    Crummy

looks lioke warm-dry winter east of Mississippi river/ opposite to the west!--with some rapid cycling...

was in Oregon in May---always drizzle and cold (low 50s)--does the sun ever shine in the Pacific NW along the coast?--very beautiful region--greenist green ive ever seen but need the sun

I noticed everything was in full bloom as of May 5th!--not that way herte in Boston until last week of May on average.
    ed

If you're going to live in the NW you have to be OK with the rain. We pretty much have two seasons, rainy, and slight overcast, (summer) When it is clear nothing beats it!!
    Last edited by Crummy; 12-12-2001 at 08:46 PM.
    Crummy

eshort;
    I hope you are right about the 75% chance of the weather patterns remaining similar to the last while. We had the warmest November on record where I live. ( southern Ontario, near Detroit)

Banned [shawn@localhost /home]#'s Avatar
    yeah its nice here too, usualy there would be snow all over the place buts its not bad haha

-Shawn

We got our first flurries today, but the weather has been fabulous so far.

Banned [shawn@localhost /home]#'s Avatar
    if you blame this warm weather on global warming due to humans, you are a total retard though

the earth has been warming for over 10,000 years, about 10,000 years ago all of Canada and most of the US was ALLLLLLLL ice so there is no way you can say we all caused this

hey who's up for some skateboarding in mid January?