Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: D'Syphers BS Benchmark

D'Syphers BS Benchmark

Notice how the Seagate 10 GB 5400rpm according to D'Sypher is faster then a Maxtor 30 GB 7200rpm. Obvious BS.
    And those ridiculous low scores for IDE drives.
    And then that ridiculous high score for a UW SCSI 5400 RPM.

D'Sypher what kind of benchmark is this?
    Last edited by MDM; 12-10-2001 at 04:54 PM.

I agree, it is a BS benchmark. I don't know what benchmark he used, but I know this is impossible. I've seen more BS from D'Sypher, don't trust what he's saying about SCSI, it's obviously wrong. One time he comes with a story about SCSI being 16 times faster than IDE, then he shows this benchmark and an other time he comes up with stories about all SCSI drives having separate arms for reading and writing. All of this is just not true.. What's next? SCSI drives are so good that they can replace RAM??? Come on, it's ridiculous!

D'Sypher: stop telling this nonsense!! Read this: http://www.zdnet.co.uk/pcmag/labs/2001/10/hdd/02.html
    Last edited by arthur888; 12-10-2001 at 12:14 PM.

If you take a good look at all the posts D'Sypher has placed you can see there are only two things he's sure about:

1- He loves Intel and thinks AMD produces **** because their prices are low (B*LLSH*T).

2- SCSI is expensive so it is a superiour system (see earlier posts in this thread) and it is 16 times faster than any ide system (B*LLSH*T).

In all of the advices he gives you can see one of these two points. He thinks he really helps people with his nonsense.

Benchmark D'Sypher Used
    My ATA33 5400 benches at 9.96. I'd put some of the blame on the program.
    Last edited by Buji; 12-10-2001 at 05:02 PM.

Doesn't matter its still an obvious fake.

He used a benchmark program called Fresh Diagnose that is available from FreshDevices.com

Hope that helps

-------and just to add to the irony regarding his prejudice against AMD---while I was composing this reply UPS came by and dropped off a nice shiny new Athlon XP 1800+ processor for me. Direct from AMD and free thanks to the Extreme Performance Project.

Arthur, don't make enemies (you and D'Sypher) at this site. It isn't good. Even if the results are ****, you shouldn't do so.
    BTW, why won't anybody take a SCSI HDD and test it? It is good to discuss a problem you have no relation to. Try, and then talk. It seems to me.

BTW, the real results are (maybe, they differ from one system to another? ):
    WRITE SPEED:
    Seagate 10GB 5400: 2.95
    Quantun 15GB 5400: 4.13
    Quantum 30GB 7200: 13.37
    And my IBM 40GB 7200: 21.36.

READ SPEED:
    Seagate 10GB 5400: 2.68
    Quantun 15GB 5400: 11.20
    Quantum 30GB 7200: 21.84
    And my IBM 40GB 7200: 33.52.

33.52 !!! Not 125.96 !!! Even if a HDD is 15K, then it would be ~2x33.52 = 67.04. But how about almost equal arms technology, lower SCSI data density than contemporary IDE's have, and so on...
    Even without it, the ideal results are 67MBpS. But not 125... Maybe D'Sypher is using a 30K HDD?

Who else to try???
    Last edited by Kurylo; 12-10-2001 at 10:28 PM.

I've already seen what D'Sypher thinks of AMD processors. Well, anybody got his right to think whatever he wants.
    While I don't agree with D'Sypher on the reason why AMD processors are cheaper, and it's my opinion against his - I don't quite understand the reason behind posting obvious faked benchmarks.

Kurylo speaks words of wisdom (zdoroven'ki buli ).

Best Regards ...

Zdoroven'ki buli too. Thanks. It's a great pleasure to see that text in the WWW.

I think that the benchmark itself is ****. Watch this (MWIPS):
    Celeron 700MHz : 315
    Duron 800MHz : 831
    AthlonTB 850MHz : 945
    Pentium4 1.6GHz : 1059
    PentiumIII 1.0GHz : 1125 !!!

Notice that I have a PIII Coppermine 800EB OC'ed to 1.0GHz...
    I don't need even to upgrade !!!!!!!

i got into a rather heated discussion with D'Sypher a few weeks back and believe me there's no winning with this guy.

you can't fight someone in this sort of thing when they don't feel that the reality is an obstacle to their argument.

knowing you are right doesn't mean a thing to this guy, I'm amazed he hasn't commented on this yet, he confesssed to me in the last thread i got caught up in that he loves a good argument.

there's nothing like being popular. i think he just wants to get to 150 posts so he can have his own little logo, and the quickest way to do that is get into plenty of heated discussions.

I was wondering, why one man has it, and another doesn't. I didn't know anything about logo until having published a 172-175'th post. I've got my 150 points without such discussions.
    BTW, isn't my logo cool? I've made it in Xara3D 4.0... And GIF Animator 4.0...

Banned [shawn@localhost /home]#'s Avatar
    im a penguine (dont give me that retarded look you guys -)

Quote from vibe666----

i got into a rather heated discussion with D'Sypher a few weeks back and believe me there's no winning with this guy.

you can't fight someone in this sort of thing when they don't feel that the reality is an obstacle to their argument.

knowing you are right doesn't mean a thing to this guy, I'm amazed he hasn't commented on this yet, he confesssed to me in the last thread i got caught up in that he loves a good argument.

-----------------------------

I fully agree. I have the same experience with him.

OK, I won't spend more time on this guy, I don't want to be enemies but it's hard to behave sometimes when I see his posts .

Peace \/

Arthur