Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: k7s5a ECS Motherboard

thanks!

I had found the ECS site today, but hadn't gotten to updating the drivers, but that seems to have fixed the problem. A forum on the ECS site showed many people having sound problems, and some people said that the way to fix it was to download the driver from the Windows Update site, which is what I had done. Guess they were wrong!

Again, my thanks,
    Scott

The only problem when i used this board is when turning the system back on after i shut it down. It takes about 5 to 10 mins to be able tu turn it back on. It seems like it need to be cool down first before turning it back on. Can anyone help me with this problem .. ive encounter this kind of problem twice but i still cannot figure out why ... is it the chipset is too hot ? im running on Athlon 1.2 GHz, Kingston 128 MB SDRAM and a GeForce 2 MX

gogsard, did you check you CPU and chipset temprature from the BIOS setup at rebooting computer?

Well if computer is too hot, i don't think it will take long time to shut down.

One thing, make sure you download ALL the critical updates from microsoft! There are some shut down problems in the O/S itself.

What O/S (operating system) are you using ?

Did you try to format your hard drive and clean install your windows again? Is there any kind of program which you have running on your system tray which is maybe delaying your shut down process?

it might be a problem with the grounding, which seems to be a real design flaw.

maybe they never expected the onboard sound to be used without an AMR?

the sound on the board is one tough sob. I went out and bought an audigy cuz i got tired of messing with it. go get an audigy mp3+ or maybe an xgamer, sounds way better trust me. oh yeah, i have NEVER seen HOW to get it working. EVER

sound worked for me

ga71xe manufacture fault

Some ga7 1xe boards were incorrectly marked for the Bios RESET, if you set the jumper for reset, it is in fact the run mode.

Gigabytes wont admit this, but my board had the same problems, and I went through the same routine, then it was cured bu setting the bios reset jumper to reset and keeping it there.

Hopes that helps

Graham ps happy christmas

How can you tell that the board is shorting out ?

I am currently in the process of installing my K7S5A mobo, and am paranoid about shorting out after reading this thread. I have a good case, screwed in the brass risers and attached the mobo with the screws provided with my case (and some washers which are made of insulating material). Problem is I don't know if that's good enough - is there any way you can tell (eg with multimeter?) that the mobo is not probably isolated (between what and what? can't really make sense of it from this thread) BEFORE turning-on the power and blowing it away...

Really need some help here, 'cause it's frustrating as hell to sit here with my shiny new system and being too scared to turning it on.
    ThereAintNoJustice

Tanj, don't be scared. NO WORRIES. You see, every single brand motherboard has thier own problems. One day you will see people complaining about ECS, next day about ABIT.

Let's see. FIRSTLY I assume you are going to install a AthlonXP ? Do you an AMD approved power supply which is 300 W or over? (although my is not amd approved and works perfect)

Secondly, i had noticed that if i don't place my two fans at the bottom FRONT in my case blowing in, my chipset temprature gets little high, around 36Celcuis. If i place them both down there, the temprature falls down to 23Celcuis. Alot down ha?

Thirdly, just make sure you connect everything in the right place. Make sure the CPU is stuck down properly and HeatSink nailed gently to the CPU.

Anyways, don't be afraid of what will happen. if you have a bad motherboard, then you can not help it except BLOW your dealer off

Let me know how your new comp goes on! GOOD LUCK!

help from newbie

To check for shorts -take mobo out and lay it on box it came in unplug everything except monitor and keyboard if it post then probably was a short check the towers (where the screws ,screw in )you may have extra towers that board doesn't use but are grounding out on bottom,count the hole's in board and how many screw holes there are.Then start plugging in drives and accesories one by one and see if it locks up or gives you problem's. On your sound problem check bios or possibly is jumper pin set to disable onboard audio. Video card's are well known for causing problems One of my computers wouldn't boot up at all untill I removed the vid card (ATI)put in voodoo and everything was fine
    Hope this helps
    Newbie in training.BTW I learned all this by doing it wrong way first.LOL

I am also having trouble with this board. My power supply [I've tried two] will not power up any peripheral devices when connected to the MOBO. [I've even tried this with the board out of the case on a wooden table.] Plus, when I have my ECS video card installed, the CPU fan will run for about 10 seconds and then die. This is true with both power supplies. The video card has been used in another machine and works fine. I am using DDR ram, but with no power up at all, it is difficult to tell what is going on with this sucker. The CPU is and Athlan 1600.

If anyone has any ideas, please let me know. I'm at the end of my limited knowledge base.

wiseguy, did you check to see if the DDR is supported by the board?

Allegedly, the DDR ram was tested by the company that sold me the board. And the chip is supported according to the ECS documentation Samsung K4h2808388-TCBO. This is just plain strange.

Try formating your HD as NFTS instead of FAT32.

Originally posted by kvk007
    Hi guys.

I am having problems... Now when i formatted harddrive (FAT32) when i tried installing winXP or win2k, COMPUTER keeps FREEZING at the middle of the installation... When i install win98, it gets installed but my sound card has problems

plz look at this for sound card

http://kvk007.tripod.com/sound.bmp

Take out all of your cards except for the video, sound, and NIC then do an install, add the rest afterwards.