Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Intel Redesign May Produce TeraHertz Chips

I agree with ballen's sentiment. If there are computers with that sort of power, there will be applications written that will use it. Heck, they'll be applications written that stress the hardware

SEALTEAMTHREE, I think at first people might be nervous about putting water into electronics for active cooling, but they would get used to it. Maybe there would be some silly marketing gimick like "water your plants, water your computer"... who knows. I bet there are more serious barriers to terahertz computing then that.

I don't think these chips will requier any water cooling to operate. It says int the artical that "Smaller and faster just isn't good enough anymore," Marcyk said. "Power and heat are the biggest issues for this decade. What we are doing with our new transistor structure is helping make devices that are extremely power efficient, concentrating electrical current where it's needed.". It's the new technology that will allow the cooler operation, remeber just a few years ago intel needed water cooling to get 1GHz.

Another company jumps on the Bandwagon

The following may sound incredible, though the Above Chip's architecture is based upon a Device submitted in prototype form to various companies (including British Telecom and Lucent Technologies,the latter,previously part of Bell Labs having announced 3 weeks ago it had also developed a nanotransistor)) by ACC(American Computer Company).

The device was sourced from Bell Labs by a former employee, who had in his possession the development papers, dating from 1947.

They are said to have derived from technology seized from the Roswell crash.

I have all the information and cross references to the relevant site material/press releases on this matter.

Though I shall point you in the right direction.

Bell Labs Posted a Patent for a nanotransistor in 1997. 18 Months after the prototypes were sent out by ACC.

ACC has now removed any reference to this material after receiving some unwanted attention, though until recently boasted about the connection on its site.

Bell labs also created the Laser Diode, the Silicon chip, fibre optics.

the following company is researching a plastic polymer screen technology using nanotransistors, and on its Board of directors sits an ex director of Bell Labs. (click on company, then board of directors tabs).

http://www.alientechnology.com/

The ACC (Transcapacitor), as it is called is referenced on the following web page.

http://byamerican.com/abouttcap.htm

The Lucent technology press releases are here:

http://www.lucent.com/search97cgi/vt...&goButton.y=11

I also have other corroborative reasons to believe in this technologies source, though I shall not divulge the reasons now.

Suffice to say, make sure you have a good Firewall up and running and Anti-virus software(against trojans), should you decide to go spreading the word.

I am serious about the above warnings!

The above information is not to be taken lightly, and I can imagine that some will seize the opportunity to mock it.

The government is pulling the wool over your eyes, and they're doing a pretty good job of keeping the truth from you.

P.S. I am not seeking to infer persuasion on the matter. We are all entitled to our own opinions.

Please note that this is my own opinion, and one which I felt appropriate to share.
    Last edited by palmking; 12-02-2001 at 07:06 PM.

I'll believe it when I see an alien. For some reason I highly doubt that Intel & AMD have extra-terrestrial backers. Just my 2 cents.

well considering its intel, i would lllloooovvvvveeeee to c the price!!! r we talking in the millions???

A lil bit of info about CPU's

A CPU's speed measurement's are taken By the number of times the SLOWEST Transister can switch per second, at a ratio of 25x1 (so 25 ON/OFF = 1mhz)

Personally (running 2x AMD 1900 XP) I cant wait for the New VIA(Cyrix) Chip, a 1.2 Run's Better then Intel's P4 1.6 - and without a fan, ok, so it need's a heatsink (Just like the old P75's) But that cut's down a lil on noise, But when clocking it (Supposibly clockable to approx 1.7 (1.2 orig) of, cause, you will need a fan.

Via are aiming this chip at the mobile market as it only require's a voltage ov <1volt (Which i think's good, Lower WATT psu's Once again )

Any way's, Any thought's on this lemme know..

Ghozer

it wont need water cooled, thats the point. intel can already run 3.6 gig with supercooling. also, just a thought:
    if an amd 1900 (1600mhz) runs as fast as an intel 1.9 gig, it is running 20% faster per se. how much hotter is it running? if it is 20% or more then i would have to the architecture isnt a single bit better than intels.

Lets not forget the we little Hammer chip comming out... 32/64bit processing.. mmmmmm Hammer..
    Ritalin Kid

About water cooling

Obviously you did not take many chem courses, but distilled water has no natural property of conduction. I would have no problem sticking water in my computer, as long as it was not out of the kitchen sink.

last entry

The last entry was aimed towards SEALTEAMTHREE's comment a couple days ago. I had my puter apart for cleaning for a couple days, so I could not reply to that message.