Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Favorite PC multiplayer?

Favorite PC multiplayer?

well, I can't get any half-life based game to work on-line, so what should I get in the mean time while I try to figure it out?

UnReal seems to have lots of good mods, and Quake 3 Area is very popular... what are your favorite multiplayer games?

Wolf baby!!!!!

You need to try this multiplayer.

Tribes 2
    Muad'Dib

Hey

Red Faction has a cool multiplayer feature, though it's in its infancy.

Check it out.

Todddster

The mod I'm addicted to now is a Q3 mod , Urban Terror ...... www.urbanterror.net ............ got bored with Strike Force . My game name is YiKes !!!!! come kill me
    "Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming. WOW-- What a Ride!"

Tactical Ops for Unreal Tournament is a bit like CounterStrike. It's a good one to play online.

I don't know if it has been updated recently but i used to love the Q2 Mod 'Loki's Minions' CTF back in the good old days.

There was a grappling hook add-on that added so much to the game.

you could walk into a big cavern that looked clear only to get halfway though and find 4 or 5 guys grappled into dark corners of the ceiling firing dozens of rockets at you, but it also made for some great escapes.

jumping out of high windows and grappling across to other buildings before you hit the ground.

you could even turn round mid grapple (so to speak) and fire on someone chasing you while still speeding off in the other direction up to safety.

great Mod for Q2 at any rate. does anyone know of anything similar for Q3 or similar? now i have broadband and a high spec PC it would be criminal not to put it to good use.

COUNTERSTRIKE is best game i have ever played and I've played allot. Why wont it work on your system?

i can't get ANY HL game to work online at all, despite all the latest upgrades.

never mind, I'll try something else.

my fav multiplayers are mostly RTS games such as broodwars, age of emps, etc

but for FPS i prefer counterstrike and Q3 ;o

IMO Counter-Strike is the only online multiplayer game..

You should seek support from Sierra if you are having a problem playing it online, unless you a priate, then you get what you pay for..

Return to Castle Wolfenstein is my favorite game right now.

i have HL and Op Forces, all bought and paid for.

just never managed to get them up and running. got bored and gave up.

Banned [shawn@localhost /home]#'s Avatar
    well the BEST multiplayer is Diablo2 in my opinion, i've been playing it about 10 hours per day all week excluding friday and about 16 hours per day on sundays for the past 3 months and im still finding new things, making new friends getting better at it. BEST GAME EVER

or if you are not in for Coop there is always Half-Life
    TFC is really cool, get some diversity going and some specialization in different classes with different abilities
    CS is good BUT THERE ARE SO MANY CHEATERS!!! if you spectate a guy after you died, you will see almost everybody looking at the enemy through the wall then just jump around the corner and pop him in the face, how stupid
    SI for HL is pretty cool, its like a mix of CS and TFC, you steal the other team's scientist so you can quickly develope new weapons such as shotguns then automatics and rifles and grenades and regenerate ammo and life, its really cool man when you die ya just wait 5 seconds to respawn usualy
    DoD mod is sort of like TFC and CS put together but more towards the CS side, its all 'Capture All the Command Points' between the Allies and the Axis in WW2, really neat game but you die in like 2 hits
    FLF, this is really like DoD but people dont die in 2 hits, they take like 10 hits, really neat game i think but you need a fast computer to be good at it

that Tactical Ops for UT does not even compare to CS for HL, Tactical ops is just crappy man, its terrible, TF for UT is good though

EVERYBODY I KNOW LOVES TRIBES2
    im gonna buy it myself after i get my fast puter tomorrow. jeez im psyched!!!

-Shawn

Banned [shawn@localhost /home]#'s Avatar
    Originally posted by muaddib
    Tribes 2
    WTF!?!?! Muad Dib is that you???

SavageCaveman from clan [KAH] in TFC for HL??