Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Hurry!! help needed!!!!

I can't see it being a floppy drive problem. That first flash of the floppy light is just the BIOS seeing if there is one plugged into the board. Large hard drives (over 32GB) can cause problems with some, usually older, motherboards but the problem usually occurs later in the boot process after the PCI Device listing is complete. A quick check would be to unplug the hard drive data cable from the motherboard and re-boot. No change? Then also unplug the floppy drive data cable at the motherboard.

If unplugging either of them corrects the stalling at the PCI Device listing you've narrowed it down but I'd be surprised if it does.

you might want ot make sure that in the BIOS, that you set the boot order to something that STARTS with the floppy drive. so A, C, or A, cdrom, c or A, c, cdrom, etc.. as long as the floppy is the first boot device.

Solved the problem.

As it turned out, you need to update the bios for the A7M266 mobo if you wanna use Athlon XP, which is what I'm using.
    Anyway, word of advice, if u faced the same problems as I did, just get another CPU (a regular T-bird), update the bios, and put ur XP in. Then return the T-bird.^^

So happy, new computer.
    But the fan is quite noisy...

Have you changed the jumpers or voltage to support the Palimo chip that you are running?

I have the following (as of this morning):

Asus A7V266-E
    AMD 1800+
    Elsa GeForce3
    1GB DDR266
    Adaptec 29160N
    Quantum 10K
    CDRW/CDR/ZIP250
    Bla Bla Bla...oh yea and WinderzMe

ANYWHO...I booted the computer and it hung-up. After looking at the mobo, I realized that I forgot to change the jumper from Athlon to Palimo.

Everything works fast now.

Does your board also have onboard video?

If so, go into the bios and make sure that the video adapter settings are set to AGP.

OPPS, did not see that the thread was two pages. Oh well, remember kids, make sure you change the settings in the BIOS.