Thread: Problem with files/extentions mp3.vbs PLease Help!!

Problem with files/extentions mp3.vbs PLease Help!!

I have a problem with my mp3 and and picture files. They all come up with an extra extension of .vbs , example- songname.mp3.vbs . Now I still have all my mp3s but they come up as hidden files. Everytime I delete these .vbs from the recycling bin they just come back up in all my folders and whatever files I unchecked for being hidden go back to being hidden. This is very strange and just started happening last night. Any help would be very much appreciated. Thanks
    Insane CLown Posse and Psychopathic Crew. Pics Links Audio and more at ICP Traderz's Stimluated Dome

Re: Problem with files/extentions mp3.vbs PLease Help!!

Hi Icptraderz
    Five minutes ago I wanted to write that I have a same problem and now I dont have that problem any more.
    Actualy I dont know what did I done to stop this thing from coming all back after deleting,unhideing but I'll tell you what have I done from day I got that problem (that was about 7 day's ago)
    This in my case hapened throught Kazaa(I downloaded something from Kazaa) first thing what I have done was deleting Kazaa,than deleting that file wich I have downloaded,Stil I haed that problem .I have Norton CrashGuard so I knowed the title of the program wich is doing that but still I couldn't find his files.Than I went on www.google.com and typed "kazaa" and in the results find the title "Kazaa is Watching you..." (its 3 or 4 from begining) and went on a site www.kolby.f2s.com/ from there I downloaded program named "AD-aware"witch removes hiden programs,and that stuf.I instaled it and started it .He detected about 25 things and I remove them all(with that program).
    Than I think I tryed if its worked and it didnt, so I stoped bodering with that any more(That was 2 days ago).And today when I read your leter I wanted to include more details about name of that hiden program .That name I find only when I delete some mp3.vbs file and restart the computer . So I did It And Then I was expected that program to show in N.CrashGuard And he didnt showed up. I looked whats wrong and I saw that the file is still deleted.To be shure I deleted all that kind of files and know evrything is working fine.Also I unhide them all.
    I hope I helped and that it will worked on your computer too
    good luck

Best regards
    Mihajlo Bakalic

In another thread icptraderz found out he has the I love you virus.

Unsolicited .vbs extentions are almost always a sign of a virus!

Thanks guys
    I saw that about 15 min after I wrote that mesage .I instaled that antivirus software and remuved the virus from computer.
    Thanks anyway
    Mihajlo Bakalic