Thread: you all are not the most hospitible

you all are not the most hospitible

I am not sure that this is even worth, my time. I have attempted this same message at least 3 times over the past two days. No one seems to be able to give me instructions on how to use your site and/or to get answers. This is my last try. I have a bjc-600, that has stopped working. I have utilized all of my resources. The message I receive is that my "ink tank" is full and requires service. Do not confuse this with an ink cartridges, heads, etc. It means ink tank. Can someone help me locating and emptying this tank. It is an old unit, and is not worth the service call.

May or may not help.....

This is the best I could come up with. I don't own one personaly, but I found this:

MY PRINTER IS SHOWING THE WASTE INK CONTAINER IS FULL. HOW DO YOU EMPTY IT. NEED HELP, CANNON IS NO HELP.

FIRST THE GOOD NEWS: INSIDE THE INK CONTAINER OF THE BJC-600 THERE ARE A COUPLE OF PADS THAT YOU CAN ORDER AND REPLACE. YOU NEED TO OPEN (BE CAREFUL)YOUR PRINTER BY UNHOOKING THE ALL HARD PLASTIC OUTSIDE COVER (NO SCREWS). AFTER OPENING YOUR PRINTER YOU WILL NEED A SCREWDRIVER TO REMOVE 4 SCREWS AND MOVE AROUND A COUPLE OF BIG PARTS THAT BLOCK ACCESS TO THE TANK; ONCE YOU GAIN ACCESS TO THE TANK REPLACE THE PADS AND PUT EVERYTHING BACK TOGETHER.

AND NOW THE BAD NEWS: AFTER DOING ALL THAT MENTIONED ABOVE, THE PRINTER STILL GAVE THE SAME "TANK FULL" ERROR MESSAGE. AFTER TALKING TO CANNON AND GETTING NO HELP AT ALL, THE BEST GUESS IS THAT THE PRINTER NEEDS TO BE RESET FOR ITS NEW NO "TANK FULL" CONDITION. THIS RESET MAY BE AS EASY AS PRESSING AND RELEASING ANY OF THE BOTTONS ON THE PRINTER PANEL OR AS COMPLICATED AS AN EPROM CHIP RESET, WHO KNOWS?!
    Canon BJC 600 problems
    (From: Rob Connelly (connelly@*******.com)
    I have found that sometimes the BJC 600 series gets confused and needs to be reinitialized. If you haven't already done so, unplug it from the wall, wait 60 seconds for the internal supply capacitors to completely discharge, then plug it back in and try again. When you remove it from the AC line it goes through a complete warm up cycle and resets itself.

Sweeper
    Last edited by Sweeper; 11-08-2001 at 05:46 AM.

This link will take you directly to Canon's support page for your printer:

Technical Support
    BJC-600 Color Bubble Jet Printer
    http://209.85.7.18/techsupport.php?p=bjc600

I am happy that after seeing numerous "views" and only 2 posts, I though everyone was just ignoring our Thread starter, I clicked on to see why no-one would help, I guess I just jumped to conclusions because I read the other post first...
    I am happy that you guys..."ya'll" helped her! I would hate for people to know that we can be rude at times....