Thread: trying to find motherboard model info

trying to find motherboard model info

Hi. My friend just inherited an old computer (P133 I think)from his school and placed it at his cottage. It only has 16 MBs of memory and he wants to place more in it, but I want to make sure he gets the right kind. To do that, I tried to get the motherboard model info during post, but that didn't turn up much.

Does anyone know of a software program that can pull up low-level information on the motherboard and memory? Shareware or freeware if possible. Thanks in advance.

Tarwhat

I am a whiz at 486 boards and I can identify most of them, so if you can take a picture of it, I would be glad to help.

Its going to be a bit hard to get at it, but I'll have him take a picture of it on his digital camera and send it to me, them I'll either post it here (if I can even do that), or send it directly to you. Thanks for your help!

Tarwhat

Ultimate Member
    So this thing is up and running. Copy the code string on the bottom of the screen during RAM test (and see whether you have Award, AMI or someone else's BIOS), that'll help you identify what you have by visiting www.wimsbios.com.

regards, Peter

Or you could install something like SiSoft Sandra which will give you all the info on the system. At one time I had it installed on an old 133MHz Pentium, so it should work.

Search Google for a pgm called "CTBIOS". It will provide the OEM.
    Regards,
    "Any tool can be used as a hammer"