Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Farewell for a while...

Farewell for a while...

Well, this is it. The day after tomorrow I leave on my trip to Marine Bootcamp in San Diego. I'll be away from my beloved sysopt.com for at least 13 weeks.
    ------------
    I feel I must take this opportunity to say that I have always enjoyed this site as long as I have been a member.
    Sysopt has been my constant companion on my many travels while I've been a member. For those of you who were paying attention, my profile listed Vienna VA, London UK, Cetreville VA, and now Seattle WA as my Location. Eventually it will be the Ground Electronics School in Georgia and then wherever else the Corps may take me.
    ------------
    Everything from "Clocking is Good???" and the hamster posts to mIRC chats and great tech info made this a fun, clean place to be online. You guys are the best!!!

jpheg
    Semper Fi.

[This message has been edited by jpheg (edited 07-27-2001).]

Mntsnow
    Good luck to you!

I applaude those that are willing to defend and uphold our beliefs.

While I was not in the marines I was in the 101st airborne (Army) so I do know what your undertaking!

socalgal
    Looks like the Marines found one more good man!

Best wishes in bootcamp, jpheg! We'll miss your input and help around here.

I hope you can keep us updated on your progress, and if not, we'll see you back here in 13 weeks (with all the details of bootcamp life, I hope..)

Good Luck to you, and success in your new future.
    See ya when ya get back!

YOU ROCK! Any military unit is ultra cool in my book.

When you finish bootcamp, come back and give us an update, I will still be here .

You were in 101 Mntsnow? Recently I've been thinking of going Airborne after HS .

Warthog

Good luck Jpheg, I'm thinking about joining the Marines after High School.

Semper Fidelus,
    Hawkeye178

WoW! So many replies! I even got Socalgal's attention! If I'da known, I would've have enlisted sooner!
    ----------------
    Hawkeye178, if you join the Marines after High School you will open a tremendous number of doors in your life. You will make lots of friends, visit new places, and have money for college. It's not for everyone, obviously, but if you are good to the Corps they will be good to you, even after you get out. Because you'll never really get out. "Once a Marine, always a Marine."
    Talk to your nearest recruiter, and see what your options are. I'm sure he/she would be glad to sign you up.
    Just remember: There is NO RULE that you must go to college straight out of high school. Most students don't have their lives planned out yet (don't get me wrong, many do!) once they leave HS. A tour in the military is a great way to think things over for a few years.
    ---------------
    I believe the chances of my getting online during bootcamp are pretty slim, but you can be sure that this'll be one of the first websites I'll visit after I graduate!

[This message has been edited by jpheg (edited 07-28-2001).]

Goodluck, hope you have a great learning experience, going in the Airforce was my back-up incase I didn't get into Uni.

Best of luck..Semper Fi!!! If you get aboard ship don't let the "Squids" give you a hard time!!!!!LOL

Good luck with the Marine Corps. If you are going into communications, maybe I will talk to on one of our nets one day. Warthog...GO AIR FORCE! With a name like Warthog, you have to be pilot ;-)

-RADAR

LOL Radar , was true at one point in my life (for years)....at the very least, some career along the lines of military and para-military (law enforcement) is my destiny. I'm simply not interested in anything else for a career.

Our beloved member, jpheg, is now being yelled at in Marine Boot Camp!

Good for him!

Warthog

Well Warthog, if you are looking for a robust military and leadership experience, go to Texas A&M and get a commission (nudge Air Force) in any of the services. I cannot begin to express how much I have learned and profited from my A&M and my Air Force experience.

-RADAR

I'm Baaaack!
    I finally made it, after 13 weeks of hard training in San Diego and in Camp Pendleton, CA. I graduated yesterday, and I am now in the USO at the San Diego airport checking my email.
    ----------------------------
    Lots of big changes to sysopt since then, I see. I hope they were all for the better.
    ----------------------------
    In the meantime, I'm just glad sysopt is still here to satisfy all the tech withdrawl I've been going through for 3 months!

Thanks a lot and Semper FI!

-jpheg

Ultimate Member
    Welcome back!! And congratulations on graduating!

...and yeah, big changes is putting it rather mild, I'd suggest you look around & read up.
    Whole place is different.
    Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Good job, Jpheg!

And welcome back.

Things are a bit quiet hereabouts, since the big exodus.

But I imagine that you'll discover that soon enough.

Bob