Thread: Intel P5T30 MoBo won't see HDD

Intel P5T30 MoBo won't see HDD

Hi hope someone can help with this odd one.
    I have put together a system using a P5T30 with Cyrix Mll 300 CPU and a new hard drive.
    System boots ok and I have set the Bios to Auto recognise my hard drive and CD . When it continues to boot it says hard drive `none' I go back into Bios and it still says Auto. I go into IDE auto detection and it still cannot se the hard drive. I have tried 2 other drives with same result. I cannot Fdisk or get anywhere. Never seen this before. By the way I had to clear cmos by removing battery to clear previous password.
    Anyone any ideas?
    Nick

Try changing the cable. Also, make sure your jumpers are set correctly. Also, make sure the onboard IDE's are inabled in the bios. Some bios allow auto detect to be set even if ide is disabled.. Look on the page "on-board devices". If it still won't work, you probably have a deffective onboard ide. If so, either junk the board or pick up a pci ide controler like a promise 66. These can be found used very cheap ( $10-15$). Good luck

P5T-A4

Thanks for your suggestions. replaced cable, Checked Bios IDE is set enabled, still no joy. Guess the board is U/S. I am surprised though because it was working when removed last for upgrade. I'll see if I can find a PCI controller.
    Many thanks

Re: Intel P5T30 MoBo won't see HDD

Hi Nick
    Try to put information of cilinders,sectors,...Manualy not by autodetect .That can be problem usualy (by my experience)with bigger disks(ex:20,40...GB)when the motherboard Bios should be flashed to detect corectly.Still you should try.
    Informations you can find usualy on HDD.(or internet)
    I hope I helped
    Mihajlo Bakalic

Thanks Bakalic
    I tried entering the HDD paras but no joy so I had a brain wave. The CD was being detected on secondary ide so I put both the HDD & cd on the secondary ide and sucess. Well sort of, I cocked up the fdisk and after loading windows noticed that the hard drive still had the 850mb partition and I have lost the rest of the 2.8gb hdd.
    I guess I'll have to fdisk and format again
    I think there must be somthing wrong with the primary IDE socket I'll check it out at the same time
    Thanks once again for your advice

Re:

I'm not so good with english but I think its
    You are welcome!!!
    You are good guessing what to do so I think it will be okay.
    Check that primary slot one more time with CD drive.(to be sure if its working or not).
    I'm glad I helped!!!

Best regards
    Mihajlo Bakalic