Thread: Infineon memory - good quality?

Infineon memory - good quality?

Fry's is selling 256MB sticks of PC150 on sale for $16 each. I bought a couple and they seem to work good, one is in an overclocked system running at 140mhz just fine. Is this a good name in memory? I've always used crucial or corsair with micron chips with great success in the past. I've heard it's not good to go with Fry's cheapest memory because it's just not good quality stuff.
    The stick has 8 chips on each side with the Infineon name on the chips. It has just below the long string of numbers on the individual chips "C2" and "-7" at the end of the numbers. Does this mean it's 70ns and CAS2?
    Also has a "Delta" and "Omega" symbols on the sticker and also imprinted on the PCB. Is this the manufactuer's logo or some other meaning?
    Thanks!

Can't help you with the numbers, but my previous memory was from Infineon, and it was far the best memory I've ever used. I killed it by accident and using now Micron.
    Infineon is OK

Best Regards ...

Infineon RAM? Pretty darned good, I must say.

I've got a pair of 256MB PC-133 Kingston RAM using Infineon chips. This pair of babies can boot up at 170MHz FSB and run at CAS3. Stability-wise, I'm not sure, as my HDD couldn't really take the PCI speed at this FSB.

But it's pretty amazing to find RAM which can boot up at 170MHz FSB.

Banned [shawn@localhost /home]#'s Avatar
    so kingston ram is good you say? is that why it cost like 10 bucks more than most other brands from computer parts places? (candian dollars, like 6.5 dollars US)

Yep, Kingston and Crucial use chips from Infineon and Micron, and are among best RAM brands you can find around.

Best Regards ...