View Poll Results: what xp version did you buy?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • home edition upg

1 11.11%
  • pro upg

1 11.11%
  • home full

0 0%
  • pro full

7 77.78%

Thread: what xp version did you buy?

what xp version did you buy?

home or pro, full or upgrade?

I"m not going to touch XP. Win 98 SE is the LAST Microsoft OS I'll use. What do I want to pay for an OS that's going to tell me what I can and cannot do with my machine!

It's supposed to have something in the system that will destory "unauthorized" MP3 files or something like that! Just what I want!

I'll look into Linnux or Mac for my next machine!

Same with me. Win ME is the last MS OS i will go for. My current system will work to slow and on my new system it will run fine but so many restrictions. I am happy with ME.

Ultimate Member
    I got the Pro version on my computer before.. but unfortunately my cable net didn't work with it.. so I was forced to uninstall and re-format my comp, now I'm dual-booting Windows 2000 with Linux.

I've got 3 machines at home, am I suppossed to buy 3 copies of XP for each one?? Wrong!! I don't think so. XP is not for me until they get rid of that ridiculous machine specific registration ****!

mine is suggest an option for all of you complaining about the registation thingy. Althought this may not be the most ethical thing to do, it's not illegal. BUY THE OEM VERSION!!! it has no product registrtation on it. BTW, i have the pro version (OEM) and it does not delete MP3's, and I've never had any trouble with any hardeware, but things like that just happen sometimes i guess.

I have the Pro full version and I love it. Sure I've had a few problems here and there, but otherwise, it's a great OS.