Thread: Resource Allocation Conflict Help

Resource Allocation Conflict Help

Hi everyone,

Just recently I had Windows search for non-plug and play hardware devices on my system. It found various devices, and then it successfully installed these devices and it's drivers.

I restarted my computer but the following message came up: "Resource Allocation Conflict - PCI Device 0079 on motherboard". Every time I boot up my computer that same error message appears. The only way I can get into Windows is if I press F1 to resume.

How can I solve this annoying problem?

By the way, I'm using Win98.

Thank you very much,
    -ShadowBot

EX Moderator-May He Rest in Peace rangeral's Avatar
    Name all the devices or system specs that were picked up for that matter give us your entire specs need more info here.

Resource conflict

First of all, make sure you have the latest drivers for that card by going to the manufactuerer's site. Almost inevitably, there are new updates. After downloading any available updates, right click My Computer and click Properties. You should go to the Device Manager window and look for a yellow exclamation symbol to the left of the device giving you trouble. Right click that device and click Properties in the menu that appears. One of the tab windows (can't recall and I am in W2k right now) has a button for updating the drive. When you start this process, you will have an opportunity to direct windows to the new driver you downloaded. If that didn't work, go to the Reource tab and check it for conflicts. Try IRQ 9 or 10 if there is a conflict. See if it is set to Automatic, if it is not, set it to Auto. If all else fails, try re-installing the PCI card in a different slot, if available, and rebooting so Windows detectes it again.