Thread: mad onion.com - 3D won't give results ?

mad onion.com - 3D won't give results ?

Hi there,
    I have a new computer. When I try to get 3D benchmark results and have my system analyzed, it returns that it cant analyze due to certain components installed .. ( i went to mad onion & nvidia sites to get analyzed neither gave me results.

The manufacturer sent me SiSOft Sandra info: I don't know if its good, bad or average. It's greek to me. Please let me know ?
    CPU benchmark -
    Dhrystone ALU 3908 MIPS
    Whetstone FPU 1912 MFLOPS
    CPU Multi Media -
    Interger 7650 it/s
    Floating point 8733 it/s
    Drives-
    HD1 - Buffered Read 79 MB/s
    HD 1 av.Access time 8 ms
    Then there is a Quake III - record Avg FPS 146.4 **I think that might be faster now since I after got the system, I upgraded my Nvidia drivers to the Xp detonators.

System specs
    Athlon 1.4
    Asus A7M mobo 761 chipset
    384 DDR sdram
    Nivdia Geforce 3 64 mg
    SB live 5.1
    Xp home edition ?? Could the OS be conflicting with their analyzing it ? Regardless, I'm enjoying this computer, but would like to know more about the SiSoft ratings of it.
    Thanks, Rom
    Last edited by rommie; 10-23-2001 at 12:56 PM.
    <a href="http://clubs.yahoo.com/clubs/thefemalefigure">The Female Figure - Comics, Sci-fi, Fantasy & More</a>

Rommie

Your Sandra scores are right on par according to their "test" machines. The cpu benchmark and the multi-mesia marks seem to be good. As far your your problems with 3d-mark-2k1, i haven't a clue. I would suggest first trying a freash install of it. That may help.

On my system, i am beating out the 1 and 1.2 gig p4's and neck and neck with the athlon 1 gigs.

My current sytem is:
    Celeron II 700 overclocked @ 1076 w/ 102fsb
    Ge-Force 2 mx400
    512 pc-133 ram
    Via apolloa pro mobo
    20 gig seagte hard-drive @7200

-Sech