Thread: No display after reset button is pushed

No display after reset button is pushed

Ati rage fury pro
    Epox 8kta3 pro
    The problem I have is that when I push the reset button on the front ...the system resets but the video goes away so I am forced to turn the system off and back on.
    I know all the wiring is good because I had another board in that system so I now the hardware is good.(Wiring and Hd and such)
    Agp aperture -64m
    Agp-4x
    If any one can help Thanks

How long are you waiting before killing the computer? I have my P3V4X to use JumperFree mode (set up CPU in BIOS instead of jumpers), and it takes 15-20 seconds before it displays anything when I boot.

Let me know too.
    I had an Epox kl133m with the exact problem. Reboot it and nothing no beeps no video. After shutting off the switch it would do fine. I wonder if this is an issue with the mb's.
    Just for the heck of it go to this site and try to manipulate the camera control buttons there are several cameras. When I do it locks up the computer.
    http://www.livewave.com/cobrand.asp?feed=9

Thanks
    Mike

I am always trying to learn something when I build a computer for myself or others. My part time business is really a love of mine to work on computers along with their various problems. To become more professional and technically minded than my a+ certification would dictate.

I think that maybe I have set the agp bus turbo mode to enable. If that is the case , I need to inform my customer of this. If anyone has any information that I can pass on to help me solve this problem I would appreciate. Thank you Night Hawk but ideas are what I'm looking for ......not ways out.

Kestros thanks for that site ....I just saw your post.....added that site to my favorites.....Still I ran 3dMark 2001 for benchmarking purposes and the Ati runs great at 1404......If was you I would go to the video board manuf. and see what they say about cmos settings for the agp...ati list them but I'm going to have to call my customer up or go over to their house....It works great but like you said press to reset and ........Ps remember when you loaded the 4 in 1 and the turbo mode came up.....thats what I think the problem is...If you have the system in front of you......let me know...thanks

Intimate Member
    Not so sure of this because I have not actually seen it myself, but I read recently where some guy had to shut his machine down and wait a minute or two before re booting. He finally found a setting in the bios to delay the boot process for a few seconds. When he fiddled with this, it worked. His only explanation was that maybe the machines today are too fast at times to fully read the bios before proceeding...seems far fetched to me...but, maybe something along these lines??

Thanks Bovon for the info......That setting is in the power management section in my bios.....I have it set for 4 second delay . The thing that's got me is that it olny happens on the reset.......I can press the reset before or after windows me loads and the same result as Kestros ......It's got to be that ati card and the way I got it set up......Thanks again....

I too experience this problem. Screen goes completely blank and no sounds are heard. It only happens on reset, not when I first turn the computer on. I have to hit the reset button again and hold it in for a few seconds. My mobo is an msi bx master and the graphics card is an ati rage pro. I built the puter last year. This problem only started a few months ago. So I don't think it is a setting somewhere, because I have not changed anything. System runs fine except for this little problem. OS is win98se. Anyway my two cents worth.

FJ,
    Upgraded the mobo to the Epox 8kta3-L and the booting thing is gone but still have the problem with that site. The outfit that I got the parts from has been going over the system today and they are confused. I have a suspicion that the processor dosen't like the java applet at that site. I wonder if the applet makes a call to a damaged or defective area of the processor. HMMM.
    Any thoughts??

Mike