Thread: intel VC 820 mobo troubles?

intel VC 820 mobo troubles?

Greetings guys!
    Does anybody out there know why the INTEL VC 820 MOBO turns itself off after running for about 30 seconds. I've changed the power supply and the the system still automatically turns itself off.

Since I'm still building the machine I think there's something I'm doing wrong here and would need a help.

Chimee

I know it sounds totally unprofessional, but you'd better stay away from this mobo
    In some thread last year me and few others here tried to help somebody with VC820, and it ended by moving to AMD

I had three VC820 mobos, and had problems with all three of them. Memory problems, shutdowns, restarts, all kind of annoying stuff you can only imagine.
    If you still wanna try :
    1. Install latest INF utility from Intel, as soon as you done installing Windows.
    2. Use good PSU.
    3. Use "normal" memory timings.
    4. Move to AMD

If you want, give us more information about your system' specs ...

Best Regards ...

Are you using RDRAM with that board? If not, where were you two years when Intel was recalling ALL OF THEIR 820 chipset boards running SDRAM (and replacing them with ones with RDRAM)?

http://support.intel.com/support/mth/index.htm describes 820 boards randomly rebooting.

Yes the mobo uses RDRAM. I bought it at affordable price from a discount shop. I've talked to intel and they never mentioned recalling this board which is misleading.

I've temporarily given up and won't have anything to do with their mobo any longer as suggested earlier by ND.

As if all this eratic boot behavior is not enough the board finally stopped responding to power supply - i.e it won't boot again.