Thread: Foxmail.......

Foxmail.......

I know there's gotta be some other people on this forum who use Foxmail. I think it's one of the greateast e-mail programs of all time - mostly caus' it dosen't infect the windows registry and it is freeware. If you are using it, here are my questions.

1) What version are you running?

2) Where did you get it.

I have 2.1 and I know for a fact 4.0 is out. The problem is, there is very little on where to find the english version. I had to download the chinese version and delete the "chinese.lgb" file. Even then I don't think it is quite right.

I'll keep this short because I may just be 1 in a million who uses it

Gary

I've been using Bulletin Board Systems for over 2½ years now and this is the first that I have ever heard of Foxmail.

"It Is Now Safe To Turn Off Your Computer™"

OK, I got a link for you all. I did some more searching last night and found a version that works great. Version 3.1. It is still the chinese version of the program but if you just delete the "chinese.lgb" file you're ready to go. If you want the older 2.1 version, just go to Cnet and search for foxmail - All of that is in english.

This is the reason I like is to well. Here are the installation instructions: Unzip in to a new folder of your naming, run the Foxmail Icon, ummmmm, that's about it . If you ever want to move the directory - move the directory. If you ever want a backup of all your e-mail simply copy the directory (this works great for re-formating - no need to re-install - just move the directory to where you want it). I wish more companies would make stand alone applications. In my nearly 2 years of running it, the program has has only crashed twice on me. Granted it's not near as complex as say Pegasis Mail or anything, but it still works great for me

So here's where you can get it, and also a english snippet about it.

Review in english <--- 2 pages long & the download does not work here!

Download it <--- Download the zip file named "fm31ch.zip" or "fm31big.zip" (I think they're pretty much the same, I've tried them both) - Note: my installation instructions above and don't forget to delete the "chinese.lgb" file before you get started otherwise you won't understand a thing

If you interested, try it out, you don't have to worry about corrupting your registry and I'd be open to some other comments from people that have used it.

Gary

You've left me no choice but to try it out.

I'll let you know how it goes because it does seem like a nice application for people to use who aren't as computer literate as we all are.

Thanks for this very useful tip.

Have a nice day.
    "It Is Now Safe To Turn Off Your Computer™"