Thread: Madonna Sings for XP

Madonna Sings for XP

Madonna..., Come on. I think Microsoft's wallet has gotten a bit oversized. Just an opinon but can we say....Monopoly.

it was 1998 not 1988 and she is not a sell out. its a **** good song, very energetic and fits XP's bright and colorful (though, I hate it) theme.

Paul

Not a sellout?!

Sorry, but Madonna is the definition of selling out. She changes her music to pander to whatever is "in". That's what i would consider selling out, and i'm a punk rocker, so i know what a sellout it *cough*blink182. It's changing your music in order to become, or stay, popular.

Anyway, I don't really think anyone is going to go buy XP becausee there's a Madonna song on the comercial, or maybe i'm giving the American populace the benifit of the doubt. I mean, they did buy beanie babies and furby....

Does that mean that every band or musician that sells their song to another industry is a sellout? Wow...we got alot of sellouts. The Mitsubishi Ads for their new Lancer, the Eclipse, and the montero all had modern singers in them. Its not like this is a first time an artist did this. And, if you have not seen the ad, the snippet is from the first minute or so of the song...she doesn't even sing in it.
    And yes, blink182 are sellouts. I went to their show two years ago and I was the oldest person there (25) except for the parents of all the 13 and14 year old girls. They didn't serve beer, and it was on teh 4th of july!

Paul

Paul..

No i dont believe that ALL bands are sellouts, nor are many of them. I just feel that if Microsoft needs a famous name like Madonna to promote their "New and Improved" OS maybe their is something that you and may see about it... but the everyday person does not.

I haven't used XP yet, and am not looking forward to it. I think microsoft has now butted into the market area controlled by the MAC os.

Just my thoughts.

They should have stayed with Eno.

madonna is a sellout, huh? ok roflmfao.

Microsoft has sunk to new lows to pawn their wares...

Canajun....

That is exactly the point i was trying to make. As windows 95 was released the rolling stones did start up...Microsoft is using Madonna as a way yo pawn off a new product that from what i've heard sucks.

-Sech

it got go reviews in this forum

Oh please...

Oh c'mon people! EVERY legit company does this... it's called advertising! Just because it's Microsoft then all of a sudden it's not advertising, but instead (as Lord Sech says) "a way yo pawn off a new product that from what i've heard sucks." Get over it people! I'm not here to defend Microsoft in any way either, but just because it's their product doesn't mean you shouldn't give it a fair chance. If a Linux distribution company (such as Red Hat, Inc.) or another "underdog" comapny (such as Sun Microsystems) released ads with Modanna or any other celebrity endorser, you would all think it to be the greatest thing since sliced bread. IMHO, you're hypocrits.

The whole point of having an "endorser" is that this third party is a well known, knowledgeable, trusted entity that lends credibility to an otherwise unknown product. We use Notary Publics for just such a purpose.

When a company stoops so low as to use a reference of the character of Madonna, it calls into question the product itself and the wisdom of whomever authorized such an ad. She knows nothing about the merits of an OS that isn't told her on the cue cards. Why should I believe the endorsement?

If a product can't stand on its own merits, white-washing it won't help. It's not like we haven't heard of XP; it's not exposure they need. It's credibility; and Madonna doesn't have it.

I find it especially funny Madonna is representing MS , since she made a comment to the press a couple years to the effect that
    " anyone who uses chat rooms/ message boards are real LOSERS who need to "get a life" - I read it in some mag like People or In style and thought what a pretentious *itch she is. She claimed she didn't even own a computer because she was too busy to waste time on the internet.

I hope someone digs up that article and throws it back in M$'s face after they pay her.

Rommie
    <a href="http://clubs.yahoo.com/clubs/thefemalefigure">The Female Figure - Comics, Sci-fi, Fantasy & More</a>

Romme

You dont know how much joy it brings to me to here that. And as for the comment earlier that if linux or another not as well known company was using her as a spokesperson i would feel different...

No i wouldnt. She is not the person you get to represent a quad-billion dollar corporation.

-Sech