Thread: Ok, in all seriousness, do tell me EXACTLY why my account was disactivated.

Ok, in all seriousness, do tell me EXACTLY why my account was disactivated.

I certainly was not one of the mods or staff here. And I didn't do anything too far outta line (like daring you to nuke me or whatever).

So, please explain. And I'm a reasonable person. If I did exhibit some action that warranted me getting barred from participating here ever again, then all I ask is you point it out to me.

If there was no such over the line faux pa committed by me, then ... I guess we could start with an apology...and go from there.

Considering the group that moved in, Internet.com, has boasted about how they are a "business" and that's what they do, well, since that's "what you do" one would figure you might be exceptionally good at it...wouldn't you think? But to be brutally honest guys, you're not very good at it at all. I mean, when are business people taught the fundamental principle of do not alienate your customers, or possible future customers (or even your past customers) under any circumstances? It's gotta be in Business 101...did you guys miss that day or something?

I'll be waiting for a satisfactory explanation (but not holding my breath considering your past record).

- OuTpaTienT
    Ultimate Naming Wizard

lol

Don't laugh just yet TJ. I'm going somewhere with this.

Special Member
    Out... I have not closed your account. I see it showing up as 'awaiting confirmation,' which should mean that you changed your email address and it sent out a confirmation email with an activation code... Did you get that email?

If the system is not properly sending out such emails, or if you somehow didn't get one as a result of some glitch, please contact me whenever you have a chance and I'll look into it. My ICQ is 36900566, my AIM is hmartok, and my email is housen@sharkyextreme.com.

Take care,

Housen

Ultimate Member
    I believe he's referring to the account he's had for eons here, the one he had before the date it shows in his profile, which is 1/31/99!!

OuTpaTienT, your profile still shows up OK, those that were closed do not.
    Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Ed, when a member changes his/her email address within their profile, the account becomes "de-activated." The server then generates a new "activation" code and emails it to the memeber along with a link to the activation screen.

Housen is needing to know if OuTpaTienT went through the activation process.

This a security feature of Vbulletin software. It prevents members from putting in a non-existant email address.

Special Member
    Yes, I know... that's the one showing up as 'awaiting email confirmation' and that I'm offering to help with .

Housen

OuTpaTienT, you are missed here. And your expertise is greatly valued.......at least by myself.

You've always been OutOfyourMind.

Thank you for the explaination. I apologize for accusing you of deactivating my account when appearantly that wasn't the case.

None-the-less, my account can stay in it's current status, I really have no need to be here.

---

JCB: I hope you enjoy your new home (whoever you are).

---

stuggles: You are missed as well my friend. You know exactly where you can find us, and you know you are always welcome to join us.

Ultimate Member
    Ou T- Hope you hang with us, we've worked too hard to make this a great site, regardless of the corporate raiding.