Thread: looking for feedback on GEO METRO automobile!

looking for feedback on GEO METRO automobile!

am considering purchasing a used 1996 GEO METRO 2 dr: 5 speed manual, air conditioning, 56K miles, new tires,brakes and exhaust system...drove it and it seems fine except, of course, no race car ---) (only 3 cyl--55 hp!!)--only prpob i noticed=air c doesnt blow cold ..

anyone own/ed this brand vehicle? Owner asking aboiut $2500..body is excellent (no dings, rust scrapes or scratyches)....i want it as a commuter car with occ hiway trips of about 125 miles... im interested in anyone's feedback esp those who own/have owned this type vehicle.....what r the trouble spots, if any--and--what things shlkd I look for while evaluating the car?

Any recalls or safety issues.
    ed

Check out Kelly Blue Book

http://www.kbb.com/kb/ki.dll/kw.kc.urt?kbb.TX;527238&75287;car&690&Geo;6047&

This of course is no race car. The big advantage is that it runs only with the fumes of the gas tank.

hmm i dunno if i would get that now, i just bought a 1995 toyota truck, great shape, drives good and cold air for 3,000 and from what ive heard GEOs arent to reliable, just my thoughts
    "I am the master of past and present, and for me the gates will open..."

If you buy 2 you'll have a pair of skates
    Just kidding, if you want to really know what kind of shape it's in ,spend a couple of bucks and take to a good mechanic and have him check it out . Always better to be safe than sorry.

Its a great commuter car but other than that not much.