Thread: Posted this in Motherboards too, Im desperate!

Posted this in Motherboards too, Im desperate!

Please forgive me for posting this in 2 categories but Im desperate for help. Here goes:

Reading on my CPU it says that I currently have a PII w/MMX Technology. When I boot up it says that I have a Celeron 400. What I want to do is overclock this chip but I have no idea who makes my motherboard. I have searched all over the **** thing and there is NO manufacturer name printed everywhere. I have written down everything thing that even remotely looks like some kind of FCC or serial number but I cant find it listed anywhere. Ive checked the front and back of the board with no luck. Since I dont have any book or manual for the board I want to get a board schematic so I can figure out how to set the jumpers to over clock the CPU. (unless someone knows a better way.) Please help!

I had the same problem with an old mobo I had. What I did was just set the jumpers to different postions till I sorta figured them out. It worked well, but is not suggested (you could end up with a 1Ghz CPU for 0.3 seconds till it burns out if you set the jumpers wrong). I'd try that though. Intel chips are increadibly hard to kill. Plus it's probably locked anyway, so if you raise the jumpers nothing much will happen. The other way is raising the FSB. It's either conltrolled by jumpers or in the PC's bios.

Baton Rouge, Louisiana USA Home of the FREE!!
    THe most your going to get out of that cpu is 450 stable. It's not worth the time or effort to overclock the chip.
    I just got my brand new 8086XT! They threw in a 13" CGA monitor free!!

The best way to find the manufacturer is to look at the boot up, look for a serial or a name like asus-a7v-ver 10023475.

It's hard to read but boot up a few time and use the pause key to stop the processing , push tab to continue.

Once you get the number go to google search engine (google.com)and see where they send you.

Good luck Roger.

I would try:http://www.motherboards.org/

Scroll down to the How to Guides

Thanks guys!

Just to let you guys know, I found what I needed and am on my way to overclocking. Thanks for your help!!